Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: advise needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
ME733
A little help would be appreciated,...2.0 4 cylinder, ...I would like to use my forged and lightened flyweel,(stock dimension) and pressure plate...but I am having a hard time ,for some reason, finding a "feramic"...high grip,clutch disc....any suggestions?..(.street car, some use for D-E, days.)
Randal
QUOTE(ME733 @ May 15 2009, 08:50 AM) *

A little help would be appreciated,...2.0 4 cylinder, ...I would like to use my forged and lightened flyweel,(stock dimension) and pressure plate...but I am having a hard time ,for some reason, finding a "feramic"...high grip,clutch disc....any suggestions?..(.street car, some use for D-E, days.)

All the Kennedy stuff works great. If you're running a 2.0 they have aggressive clutch setups that are cost competitive and, as I said, work.

http://www.kennedyeng.com/

In fact I think I have an extra performance pressure place and clutch (Kennedy) in the garage. idea.gif
Derek Seymour
I totally agree with the Kennedy recommendation but just wanted to throw out another option from Patrick Motorsports
http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/part/1246/

I realize it is not the feramic style you are looking for but it is quite grippy from what I have heard.
sww914
I've had one of Kennedy's 6 puck solid centered clutches in my car for years. It was inexpensive and it works perfectly.
CliffBraun
I'm all for Kennedy stuff (have a PP from them). In my car I'm running a stock (or close to) clutch with the spring center removed.
Joe Ricard
Bigger clutch on a 2.0L really???

Oh come on. I am running a Sachs performance disk with stock PP in my 2316 and this is 100 + autocross runs, two track days, and 5,000 street miles . Not a hint of slip.

I had a sachs clutch in my hopped up 2.0L survived 800 autocross runs 3 track days and 40,000 miles. Clutch looked great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.