Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCCA Nor Pac Divisional in SF Bay Area June 27/28
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
grantsfo
SFR is having two day event at Golden Gate fields june 27/28 that should attract lots of good drivers. Especially now that AAS has canceled its season. Likely going to be once of the faster events on the West Coast this season. Would love to see some fast 914's out there. ...Randal? ...Rob? ...JP/Brit? We really should try to get some 914's represented. This is an easy event for us BAy Area drivers to attend.

Think both guys could weight up and run XP with me and go after the fast EVO that has been dominating the class locally. Would love to see us be spoilers at this event. We dont have many E mod cars.

I'll be in the Boxster totally out gunned in XP but it should still be fun. This is a serious event run like a national competition.

Need to preregister.

http://sfr-solo2.org/solo2/Results/2009/Ch...und08_info.html

Chris Hamilton
I know this is over, but do they measure the weight onsite?

edit: wait I can't read
J P Stein
Over?....over. biggrin.gif
To the best of my knowledge the only time you get an offical SCCA weigh in is at a National Tour or the National event. My experience with that is around +/- 10 lbs so don't cut minimum weight too close.
Chris Hamilton
I just wanna go there to find out what my car weighs biggrin.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ Jun 6 2009, 10:07 AM) *

Ah, I thought you were talkin' about the blue car. What does it weigh? biggrin.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 6 2009, 11:10 AM) *

Ah, I thought you were talkin' about the blue car. What does it weigh? biggrin.gif

I guess ...1800 lbs. lol-2.gif

FYI Bill C's street legal 914-4 with door skins, two seats, dash, lights, DOT R tires, windshield, etc weighs around 1680 lbs.

If the blue car weighs over 1500 lbs I'd be suprised.
Chris Hamilton
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 6 2009, 11:10 AM) *

Nope, we've never weighed it, ever. Thats why I wanna find someone with some scales.
Derek Seymour
You should be able to find a scale at the city dump or any trucking company. The fee is usually around $10.00

Whenever you transfer a vehicle in to CA from out of state DMV will make you do an official weight so if you ask down at the local office (yeah PITA I know) they can point you in the right direction.
Chris Hamilton
I thought truck scales were only accurate around half a ton or so. Anyone know the actual specs on those things?
grantsfo
You guys are my heros for never corner balancing a car that has been consistently taking TTOD for years! piratenanner.gif
Chris Hamilton
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jun 12 2009, 09:52 PM) *

You guys are my heros for never corner balancing a car that has been consistently taking TTOD for years! piratenanner.gif

I didn't say we don't have a weight jacker, we just don't have scales! beerchug.gif

The weight jacker tells you the corner weights just fine, but they add up to a lot more than the car weighs! ( unless you wanna believe the car weighs 2100lbs... )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.