Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't find what I'm Looking For
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turnaround89
Ill be putting a new windshield in my car soon, but i need a new seal and don't know what to buy exactly. I have looked at other windshield installs and people use paint around the edge of the windshield and eliminate the chrome trim, where do you get the seal to remove the trim? Also, whats the point of painting the edge around the windshield?

Thanks everyone
zonedoubt
The paint is a primer that the adhesive will stick to. It also acts as to visually hide the adhesive and pinch-weld.
Derek Seymour
QUOTE(turnaround89 @ May 15 2009, 10:35 AM) *

Ill be putting a new windshield in my car soon, but i need a new seal and don't know what to buy exactly. I have looked at other windshield installs and people use paint around the edge of the windshield and eliminate the chrome trim, where do you get the seal to remove the trim? Also, whats the point of painting the edge around the windshield?

Thanks everyone

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=63344
john rogers
When I had the last windshield put in the race car I had the glass company use a rubber seal that overlapped the edges of the recess where the glass fits in and seems to keep the water out of the area. I have no idea what he used but the guy was familiar with 914s as I guess there are so many of them in the San Diego are. The windshield sealer does the seal so water can't get inside and something is needed to keep water out of the lower corners.
736conver
QUOTE(turnaround89 @ May 15 2009, 12:35 PM) *

Thanks everyone

You paint the edge with a one step primer/paint to conceal the urethane below. Otherwise its not a pretty site.

Use the link above for further details with pictures.
GeorgeRud
Brian Frenz (736conver) has the outside rubber seals available. I think he may be in the vendors section or on eBay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.