Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to buy oversize valve guides
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wal74
Hello,

My machine shop has informed me at least one valve guide needs to be replaced with an oversize guide. I can't seem to fine a good source for oversized guides. Anyone know of a guide supplier?

Thanks.
Dave
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(wal74 @ May 15 2009, 04:02 PM) *

Hello,

My machine shop has informed me at least one valve guide needs to be replaced with an oversize guide. I can't seem to fine a good source for oversized guides. Anyone know of a guide supplier?

Thanks.
Dave

just a minute ago saw some os exhaust valve guides listed on ebay new! just listed too!
Cap'n Krusty
Call Engine Machine Service, (310) 641-7019. It's likely you'll have to get guides that are "machine to fit". They sell Technovance guides, the ones you oughtta be using anyway.

The Cap'n
HAM Inc
If your machine shop doesn't stock OS guides for T4 heads, then your T4 heads are at the wrong shop!
PRS914-6
Contact SI Valves Click Here
wal74
My shop doesn't specialize in type 4, but none do where I'm at. I've searched and haven't found any online oversize 2.0 exhaust guides. Look like I'll have to pick up the phone and start dialing Monday. Thanks.

Dave
detoxcowboy
PART#021 101 417 A10,MFG.TECHNOVANCE

US $6.00

VW,PORSCHE,O/S EXHAUST VALVE GUIDES,QTY 3,914/4

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-PORSCHE-...bayphotohosting

poke.gif yellowsleep[1].gif
Click to view attachment

Jake Raby
QUOTE(HAM Inc @ May 16 2009, 07:23 AM) *

If your machine shop doesn't stock OS guides for T4 heads, then your T4 heads are at the wrong shop!

Boy isn't that the truth!

I'd be willing to bet those heads leave that shop with a crack somewhere that no one saw!
wal74
Regarding missed cracks, my father is overseeing the rebuild. Since he is a retired factory trained Porsche mechanic from the 60's/70's, I'm hopeful they will turn out ok. If I had the funds, I would be shipping them out but that blow out the budget on my's son's project car.

I've looked at the ebay listing. I didn't see any measurements and since the ads say they fit everthing from a '70 914 to a '92 Vanagon I've asked for measurements to make sure they are 2.0 guides.

Thanks for the responses. They are appreciated very much!

Dave
Cap'n Krusty
Please don't take this wrong (What!?, The Cap'n is being sensitive? Who is this and what have you done with The Cap'n?), but it might be better to blow the budget on shipping than in redoing the work. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.