Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FLOOR PANS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flouese
I recently bought a 74 914 as a restoration project. My first hurdle is trying to locate floor pans (both sides) for this car. I've owned a 66 912 for a number of years and am able to always locate what I need. With the 914 I need assistance. Can someone point me in the right direction. I would love to get started on this project.
Thanks for any assistance,

Fred in Florida
McMark
restoration-design
Pelican Part
Wes V
QUOTE(McMark @ May 15 2009, 04:23 PM) *

I don't think Pelican sells the pans anymore.

Go to Resoration Design. (you will find that it's difficult to get in contact with Bill, but it's worth the wait. He has managed to drive several people crazy)

By the way, on a 914, you buy a front and back section (not side to side).

I've replace both pans (from Bill).

Wes V
dr914@autoatlanta.com
best to buy the left and right pans as they are more complete and easier to install. Also the precut floor pan sound deadening pieces. We install these pans in our shop all of the time and know that they work best
McMark
Hmm, I found the front rear sections to be superior, since most cars have the rust only under the seats.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
absolutely if the under the seat rust is the only problem. However as I said, when replacing the complete floor pan the left and right sections are much more complete and extend further than the rear and front and the stampings are crisper and more original looking. In addition they come with the seat hinges, seat hinge reinforcements and pedal cluster/accelerator mountings and reinforcement. Truly a beautiful piece. By the way we also have two complete factory floor pans in stock, still in the factory packing crates! What a piece those are!
bandjoey
piratenanner.gif I have a new set of AA's floor pans and some other RD sheet metal parts I'm putting up for sale this weekend. It'll be in classifieds. If you're interested in saving a little money, email and I'll send pix's. Bought these for a restoration, but now laid off work, and need some cash. My loss sad.gif your gain biggrin.gif .

Bill
bandjoey@sbcglobal.net
watsonrx13
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 15 2009, 07:20 PM) *

absolutely if the under the seat rust is the only problem. However as I said, when replacing the complete floor pan the left and right sections are much more complete and extend further than the rear and front and the stampings are crisper and more original looking. In addition they come with the seat hinges, seat hinge reinforcements and pedal cluster/accelerator mountings and reinforcement. Truly a beautiful piece. By the way we also have two complete factory floor pans in stock, still in the factory packing crates! What a piece those are!

George thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Please show a pic of the floor pans that you have available....

I'm currently in the process of replacing the front floor plan on the LE that I have and I need to replace the pedal cluster area and the front firewall... I'm cutting the pedal cluster are from a donor car.... Does your left/right section have the carpet 'knobs' and the reinforcement/tow bar for the driver's side?

-- Rob
carr914
Stoddard Porsche in Ohio still has OEM Floor Pans

T.C.
Wes V
Just wondering;

How far up the forward firewall do the factory pans go?

Wes
URY914
Fred, where in Florida are you?
bandjoey
PICTURES now in classified for full pan set. See how far they go. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.