Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stoppy the Brakes Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Finally broke down and bought the Power Bleeder...the one that pressurizes from the top. alien_2.gif The directions state....pressurize to specs and no more than 20 pounds. What is the right amount of pressure for the bottle? It looks easy to use but - Any special tricks to know?

Also the manual states SAE 1703a brake fluid. The FLAPs store has Dot 3 and Dot 3/4. Which one is right? Thanks for the help.
McMark
I use 5psi mostly. 20psi would be huge. I've never run that high.

I've also found the if your M/C feed grommets are old/brittle then using the power bleeder will cause them to leak. But if they do leak, they should be replaced anyway, so it's kind of a good thing.

I use Castrol GTLMA.
GeorgeRud
Now just get some Speed bleeders and you'll be all set for those quick pit-stops!
type2man
Those speed bleeders are cool but can be expensive. What I use to bleed my brakes is an inner tube from a bicycle cut in half and then clamped onto the neck of the reservoir. You fill the air valve with a few psi and bleed the brakes.
VaccaRabite
I pressurize mine to ~15 pounds, but everything is new.

I have found that you still need to do it the old fashioned way for a stroke or two to get a really hard pedal though. But the pressure bleeder really helps.

also, you can't use a pressure bleeder if you use speed bleeder valves (the bleeder screws with the check valve.)

zach
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 16 2009, 10:29 AM) *

I pressurize mine to ~15 pounds, but everything is new.

I have found that you still need to do it the old fashioned way for a stroke or two to get a really hard pedal though. But the pressure bleeder really helps.

also, you can't use a pressure bleeder if you use speed bleeder valves (the bleeder screws with the check valve.)

zach

Why is that ? I had to replace the speed bleeders to get a flow too ??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.