Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 928 headlights dooable?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
geniusanthony
What would that look like and how similar are the light boxes. I'd photoshop it but I need to reinstall first....

this pic gave me the idea, Without the lids and raised looks nice, how would those look down?
Click to view attachment
plymouth37
That would take a ton of custom fab work, the lights are about as different as they could be, not to mention that the 928 fenders are alloy so you would have to replicate the area around the headlight in steel if you wanted it too look right (the way I picture it at least). It could be done but it would be one hell of a feat.
geniusanthony
The fact that you Dana are calling something "one hell of a feat" scares the hell outta me into not trying it myself. Perhaps a 928 guy may weigh in as to how dissimilar the boxes truly are. I'm gonna burn some time on google trying to find a lightbox pic for a shark.
McMark
Without all of the filler metal, the 928 lights are mounted to a rod that spans the width of the car. They are mechanically locked together. A motor raises them just like ours, but the linkage just operates 'backwards'.

It would be a cool trick, but it's not going to be a bolt in or weekend mod. You're talking about a serious undertaking. No single aspect would be particularly hard, but the number of issues will mean it would take a few months just to get them operating, and then a few more to deal with the aesthetics.
bembry
whoa barf.gif
Joe Ricard
Yea that's qhat I was thinking. Butt freaking ugly.
Not to mention pretty big task.
jt914-6
IMHO............It would be butt ugly...........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.