Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kudo's to Jwest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partsman
I have always looked at the kit Jwest puts out to change the fog lights... It's priced below what I think it must even cost to make, but I've never pulled the trigger until now... ($25.00 is way cheap, I know, but my car is a unnecesary expense, and anything to keep it off the finacial director's radar is good...)

I just had my 40th b/day, and some disposable income came my way... among the many long desired items that came my way was the fog light flasher kit.. (as well as a copy of the Gumball Rally on DVD and a copy of "The Red Car")

Simply put, this is a great kit... It took me longer to sit a the right level to see everything under the dash than it did to install the wires. The instructions were written so well, I'm sure my 12 year old could install it. I LOVE IT. The ability to use the fog lights as a flasher I find one of the best ideas... I used to have a european owners manual for these cars, and it described using the fog lights as flashers from the factory, so I feel my car is as it was intended to be..Did it add horsepower.... I haven't dyno'd it yet, but I'm sure I picked up some H/P on the enjoyment of driving dyno... driving.gif

Great kit, great instructions, cheaper than anyone could even begin to make on their own...

Thanks again smilie_pokal.gif

Eric
orange914

is this the lit that makes the fog lights go on with the high beams?
VaccaRabite
I thought it was supposed to make the fogs come on w/o turning on your headlights. Which, I suppose, would allow the fogs to be on when your high beams were on too, since they would be working free of the the headlight circuit.

Zach
blitZ
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 18 2009, 08:55 AM) *

I thought it was supposed to make the fogs come on w/o turning on your headlights. Which, I suppose, would allow the fogs to be on when your high beams were on too, since they would be working free of the the headlight circuit.

Zach

It does, plus allows you to flash the fogs with a pull of the turn signal when the headlights are off. Al la Porsche flash. I like mine, works great.
zonedoubt
I have one too. Great little product and easy to install.
jimsfolly
QUOTE(zonedoubt @ May 18 2009, 09:31 AM) *

I have one too. Great little product and easy to install.

I put one in late last year, use it to activate a 'Flash to Pass' garage door transmitter... put it in at the same time as the fuse box kit... highly recommend that also.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.