Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there a solution for NLA early push rod tube seals?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
I have a '70 1.7. It has two leaky push rod tubes which I want to fix while I have the HE's off for replacement.
I have just learned that the outer seal (to the head) is smaller than those from '71 on (mine should be 23.5 mm ID, the ones Pelican sells which I have are 25.1 mm ID).
Has anyone figured out a solution? Perhaps some other air cooled VW uses a 23.5 mm O ring?
My leaks seem to be mostly from the inner seal. Is it possible to carefully remove, clean up and reuse the outer seal?
All thoughts as to a solution appreciated.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ May 16 2009, 11:39 AM) *

I have a '70 1.7. It has two leaky push rod tubes which I want to fix while I have the HE's off for replacement.
I have just learned that the outer seal (to the head) is smaller than those from '71 on (mine should be 23.5 mm ID, the ones Pelican sells which I have are 25.1 mm ID).
Has anyone figured out a solution? Perhaps some other air cooled VW uses a 23.5 mm O ring?
My leaks seem to be mostly from the inner seal. Is it possible to carefully remove, clean up and reuse the outer seal?
All thoughts as to a solution appreciated.

I have a couple of sets of early seals, and can make up a set of inner/outer seals for you. PM me and we can make a deal ................

The Cap'n
dr914@autoatlanta.com
seals are readily available it is the pushrod tubes that are hard to find.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.