Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914's in Western Washington
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zaney
Hey Everyone,

I recently entered the 914 World with the purchase of a 1975 1.8L 914 project car. I have been into VW's for about 5 years but I needed a change of pace. (Hopefully a faster pace!) Being a newbie, I am quickly educating myself to the fantastic world of 914's. However, I am inquiring about any clubs/shops/groups in the Seattle area that might be able to send me down the right path. Any info is welcomed. Thanks!

Nate

PS. Up to now, this is the only contact I have had with 914's. Putting them out!
IPB Image happy11.gif
DNHunt
Nate

Welcome! There's quite a few 914's in the Seatlle area and lots of good help. this year we've had a breakfast in Fremont and a get together in Vancouver WA. The next breakfast is rumorred to be in Tacoma.

Info on the cars and get togethers can be found on the technical forum. Pop in and ask questions. You're setting off into a real experience, hope you have as much fun as I have.

Dave
boxstr
The 914 and 914-6 Technical forum is where youshould bwe posting for more information from the TEEN SCENE.
You are in the Parts and Resource section.
CCLINTHETEENSCENE
jim912928
Nate....welcome! I"m also restoring a 75 1.8l...got mine running, then stripped it and sent it off to the body shop. Hopefully it will return in about a month and I'll start putting it back together. If you need help this is the place to be! Also, try the pelicanparts bulletin board...between these two you'll get all your questions answered!

Jim
914ghost
I'd bet that trunk-rack impaired air flow and caused it to overheat. I'm kinda glad the hubcaps burned.. can't quite tell if they're the plastic FLAPS ones or not... . .
Anyhow WELCOME!
I'm a firefighter too (WildLand USFS) and I used to live at Bridal trails..in the neighborhood.
Also a transplant from the VW scene, pretty common.
I have to say I like the liberal use of the word "project" around here, they should have described 914's with that word when they were new.
Mine is my 1970' 914 Daily-Driver-Project.
Bob O
Bleyseng
Welcome Nate, yes in the Seattle/Tacoma area there is lots of 914 action. The most action is at the monthly PCA Autocross races in Bremerton. There will be anywhere from 5 to 10 914 and 914/6's running. Come check it out!

I have been into 914's since '95 and with the internet and this club, alot of stuff to do. As DaveH said, we have 914 Breakfasts and lunches plus we have done some Tech meetings too (custom fender flaring). The next meeting will be in Tacoma along Ruston Way at some slezy dive Kevin Powers wants us to go to. Date will be posted soon!

Post a pic of your car no matter what condition its in.

Geoff
rhodyguy
welcome to tha club! how much lead time do we need for breakfast. it's either the 13, 20 or the 27th ? geoff, if i'ts a dive i'll buy you breakfast. if not, my pancakes are on your card laugh.gif .

kevin
reverie
Good time of year to sign on, man.. laugh.gif cool.gif

There are some good shops in the area. I've been to Chris' German (Bellevue), and while they do excellent work, in my opinion they charge way too much. Redmond European (Redmond) gets good reviews, as does Gerber Motorsports (Seattle).. and there may be more.

Barrier Porsche no longer works on 914s, but the shop foreman knows 914s and he's a real nice guy.

- Roger over and out
Bleyseng
Look up the next AX so we don't conflict with it and pick a date so we can plan for the Breakfast. I have only eaten on Ruston way once sooo... you pick the spot.

OH Nate, ask Kevin about the 914 stickers he is selling. They are way cool!
GWN7
Welcome Nate

Glad to see there's another hose jockey on board. laugh.gif

Think there is four of us now. beerchug.gif

Local 867 IAFF
DNHunt
Kevin

AX #1 is 3-20 so the 20th is out. Have to go up there and see if I can use the smoke screen to mask down cones

Dave
914NNP
The Wagon Shop in Bellevue has had allot of experience with 914's.
They're good and prices are reasonable.
http://www.thewagonshopinc.com/
Zaney
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and information! It is much appriciated.

I am very curious to go see Auto Cross in action. I work with a few people who race VW Rabbits and Sprint cars but, not AX. Is there a link or website for the races over in Bremerton?
Also, I would be interested in the breakfast as well. It would be fun to put some faces with the alias.

Kevin, I would be interested in the stickers. Maybe at the breakfast?

Bob O, I just work up the street from your old neigborhood, Bridal Trails. Fun station to work at!

Thanks again for the responses! For all my firefighter brothers, May your fires be Hot and your hoses be Large! Be safe!

Nate
Local 2829 IAFF
Eddie914
A few of us gearheads are getting together tonight to talk cars in West Seattle. Should be a couple of 914 owners. We gather at:

Elliott Bay Brewery and Pub
4720 California Sw
SEATTLE, WA 98116 - 4413

Upstairs at about 7:00pm

206-755-1301

Eddie Kielbon

'71 914/6 2.7
Korijo
Welcome Nate ! I'm the club mascott laugh.gif smilie_rolli_1.gif
dinomium
FYI Guys,
Bremerton Sports car club is having a Novice School for autoross on the 14th at Bremerton raceway... Check out http://www.bscc.net/2004dates.htm
driving.gif
Great way to get even more driving in! They also have most of thier autoXs on the sunday following the PCA...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.