Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wire harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
firstknight13
biggrin.gif ok i need a wire harness for my 75 914 2.0 to a 2.0 wrx turbo JDM motor conversion....is there anyone in the club capable and interested i am not a C.S.O.B but i don't want to lose an arm or leg.......any help is greatly appreciated....thanks....ray driving.gif
pktzygt
What ECU will you be using?

I know that outfrontmotorsports has a diagram on their site for the use of a EMS Stinger. I know it's alot easier to do the harness, but costly.

If you plan on using a stock ecu, it gets pretty complicated trying to trick the ecu into reading the correct values from all the sensors. Someone on here has made a box with adjustable rheostats to send the correct values to the ecu. I think TonyAKAVW might be the one who did it, but I'm not positive.
pktzygt
By the way, how has your swap been going? Have you gotten the motor, radiator, ect in? Did you ever get someone to show you their instructions?
firstknight13
smile.gif wow i cant believe anyone remembered......well i had wider flares put on and did 911 sc front suspension and rear 5 lug....tried to take it to hershey but the wheel rubbed the inner console under weight; got wider spacers at hershey...wanted to run it now for the summer as it has sat for almoost 2yrs...engine smokes on one cly...maybe the rings are f....ed from sitting so long; so to fix and drive now will go about 3-500 also the clutch is slipping got a new stock one to use if i fix it now..i have the stage 2 clutch and all the adapter...bla bla bla.....anyway if i am to spend 600 and do the labor i might as well put it into the subby harness and if i do that i should be able to have it ready for the ECC...or fix and driving.gif but i really want to drive it NOW and i am.....i want to run the stock ecu but i am open to any and all suggestions...i figure there are a lot of guys doing the subby now so maybe some will or has taken it upon themselves to make a plug and play...most certainly skip the bugs and hassles and headaches......thanks, ray driving.gif popcorn[1].gif
VaccaRabite
Ray,

Go check out NASIOC (www.nasioc.com/forums) and see if anyone there is selling one. Check out the NESIC sub forum (that would be your regional forum for the North England states) and see if any one local can hook you up. Tell them what you are doing, they will think it is way cool.

Zach
pktzygt
We'll have to race to see who finishes first. Maybe it'll motivate us to get finished. I think I might skip autocross school in 2 weeks to put the radiator in.

I think I just officially outed myself as a suby swap guy. I was trying not to make it too obvious before.
charliew
Ok, the older jdm motors will have different connectors on the motor stuff like the tps, injectors, maybe the iac. The wrx ecu drives a cop ignition, the early stuff has a coil and plug wires. The wrx ecu will be at it's best reprogrammed as there are several things that need to be adressed such as all the feedback from the wrx gastank. The wrx ecu is constantly relearning from the driving conditions and the feedback from all it's sensors. One bad feedback and it kills timing and other things. This is not a 69 chebby. The jdm motor will have higher compression than the wrx motor and will need less timing especially with boost. Matt Monson is a great knowledge on the early stuff and has or is planning a 914 swap he would be a great place to start. He has a porsche tranny shop in CO.

Running a jdm motor I think the best way to go is to use outfront to fix you up. I don't think a novice can make what you have reliable without a ton of downtime. There is a lot of difference between a na suby and a turbo suby on the ecu side.

Also on the subbug forum the owner of the forum has a turbo suby dune buggy but the last time I checked he was using megasquirt which is also a way to go.

Small Car does vanagon swaps.
firstknight13
biggrin.gif zac and charlie thanks...i think that is a great web site.....anyone else please chime in....give me your two cents.......ray
firstknight13
QUOTE(pktzygt @ May 18 2009, 07:21 AM) *

We'll have to race to see who finishes first. Maybe it'll motivate us to get finished. I think I might skip autocross school in 2 weeks to put the radiator in.

I think I just officially outed myself as a suby swap guy. I was trying not to make it too obvious before.

so did you get the renegade kit??? want to send pics ?? no one showed me anything so i am still on my own.......ray
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.