Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am I missing trim here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
1970 Neun vierzehn
The rear latch for the roof attachment seems to be "unfinished" somehow. Because it has been 2 1/2 years since I've been around and under my car, this is one of the areas that I don't remember how it once looked. Do I recall a black trim piece around this opening, or did I just dream it?
IronHillRestorations
I'll look at my '71 and see, but I think there was a piece of vinyl glued on before the trim boulster in installed.
sixerdon
Paul,
My six was built in early Jan/70 and is also yellow. Same detail. No trim.
Don
Porsche Rescue
My '70 is about the same age as yours (5/70 production) and it has a metal surround. I can take my lid off later today and show you a pic. PET calls it a "cover". Different left and right and different pre '74 (I think the later version is plastic, but recall is vague). Part nos. for '70 is 914 552 447 10 and 448 10.
Steve Snyder
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ May 17 2009, 11:38 AM) *

My '70 is about the same age as yours (5/70 production) and it has a metal surround. I can take my lid off later today and show you a pic. PET calls it a "cover". Different left and right and different pre '74 (I think the later version is plastic, but recall is vague). Part nos. for '70 is 914 552 447 10 and 448 10.

Yes, there should be black-painted zinc surrounds attached to the vinyl bolster with two screws. These "covers" changed to black plastic (along with the door and carpet thresholds, window crank covers and interior door handle surrounds) during the 1973-1974 MY.
Of course, I'm not sure why yours would be missing... it's not like they fall off easily or anything.
Pat Garvey
I am confoosed!

Thought that they all looked like Pauls, except the correct color (Bahiarot).

I realize you're talking about early 914's, where it was anything goes.

But....my late 72 looks the same, apart from being the "proper" color.

No parts have "fallen off" or any of that. Looks the same to me. That is, except for the "knarly" latch handle.
Pat
Porsche Rescue
Ok, Pat is correct. For some reason, in spite of the picture, I was thinking of the top of the roll bar, not underneath. There is a trim surround on the top, none on the underside where the latch handle is.
Steve Snyder
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ May 19 2009, 10:33 PM) *

Ok, Pat is correct. For some reason, in spite of the picture, I was thinking of the top of the roll bar, not underneath. There is a trim surrond on the top, none on the underside where the latch handle is.

D'oh! I was making the exact same misstake. My bad!
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 18 2009, 07:17 PM) *

I am confoosed!

Thought that they all looked like Pauls, except the correct color (Bahiarot).

I realize you're talking about early 914's, where it was anything goes.

But....my late 72 looks the same, apart from being the "proper" color.

No parts have "fallen off" or any of that. Looks the same to me. That is, except for the "knarly" latch handle.
Pat

Note self - clean up those springs & hardware! Ugh!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.