3. IPB Image
4. IPB Image
5. Click to view attachment
URY914
I voted.
SGB
piratenanner.gif
PeeGreen 914

Sweet. Been out driving my car for the first time in a while. Getting the engine broke in. I will post more pics when I get home though most of you have seen plenty pics. beerchug.gif w00t.gif
lotus_65
that's tough.

#1 soft focus pic is wub.gif

i guess i should wait until after the voting for my highly influential comments... biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif
Doug Leggins
Over 9000 miles since I got her back on the road. Interior is still looking great

Doug Leggins
Under the front hood

PeeGreen 914
Wow Doug, that's very clean drooley.gif .
Doug Leggins
A few specs on my car:

- Raby built 2056 with dual Webers
- Limited slip transmission
- Koni adjustible yellows all around
- Turbo tie rods
- Tarett front sway bar
- Mueller needle bearings front and rear

- every part touched - restored or new

PeeGreen 914
And here are a few on mine biggrin.gif #1 in case you don't know beerchug.gif

The car is a Phoenix red 74 914-6 conversion.

Enigine: 2.4l E 6. Triad exhaust.

Transmission: Stock 1&2, M3, S4, ZD5th (for highway driving). Guard TB diff. Rennshift shifter and Patrick motorsports linkage and bushings. Patrick simi solid mounts.

Suspension: '78 911 5-lug with 22mm hollow tortion bars. 24mm Tarret front anti-sway. Rear monoball Tarret strut mount. Weltmeister camber plates the Koni yellows. 220lb rear springs. All Elephant poly bronze bushings (Made the car feel completely different). Turbo tierods.

Interior: Gutted and Rhino lined. Recaro seat sliders with Sparco seats and belts (actually Schroth belts) . Engman pedals and pedal board. Engman inner kit.

Brakes: 911 S fronts and 911 M rears with 911 e-brake (not yet functional). 19mm master with JWest proportion valve in the cockpit.

For those that vote for it thanks I have done 90% of the work myself and the rest I have assisted with.
pete-stevers
i think you need blue wheels!
PeeGreen 914

I'd love to have those wheels wink.gif
TJB/914
I voted for Doug on #2. Always a difficult decision. Can we change the rules and give us (2) votes??? I also wanted to vote for #1.

Tom
john grier
Ok I voted.
I knew a lot about 4 of the cars,
but the #3 car seems new to me.
We need more info on it, or at least I do.
cgnj
The ravenna needs hubcaps, so I can't vote for it. Ravenna and Delphi Green Metallic have always been my favorite colors.

Carlos
smg914
QUOTE(cgnj @ May 18 2009, 09:51 AM) *

The ravenna needs hubcaps, so I can't vote for it. Ravenna and Delphi Green Metallic have always been my favorite colors.

Carlos

The hood crest on the other cars is just as bad if not worse then the missing center caps on the minilites.
iamchappy
I dont think it is possible to make a 914 any nicer than Dougs car. With that said i voted for Jon's car because he wants to win soooooooooo bad.

All the cars are worthy of the honor.
PeeGreen 914
lol-2.gif Thanks CHappy. It would be an honor to win but all of these cars are worthy of being here. Every time I have been on here it has been the same. Five beautiful cars that any one of them really could be. beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 18 2009, 04:01 PM) *

lol-2.gif Thanks CHappy. It would be an honor to win but all of these cars are worthy of being here. Every time I have been on here it has been the same. Five beautiful cars that any one of them really could be. beerchug.gif

Your just lucky my car has only ever been photographed next to my garbage cans Jon or mine would wup your almost Canadian butt! lol-2.gif
jcambo7
Man another close race...every time your car is in for COTM Jon its a close one...just win one all ready... poke.gif av-943.gif Hope you win Jon...You know you had my vote from the get go... popcorn[1].gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 18 2009, 06:54 PM) *

Your just lucky my car has only ever been photographed next to my garbage cans Jon or mine would wup your almost Canadian butt! lol-2.gif

We're a long ways from Canada chair.gif huh.gif It takes a whole hour and a half to get there happy11.gif
dw914er
sweet 5 cars we got again
Elliot Cannon
I voted for number one. If it had black paint, it would be perfect!
ninefourteener
#2 got my vote.....

I was torn between #2 and #4..... and then I caught what appears to be Porsche lettering right in the center of the front bumper on #4??

Beautiful car (all of them are).... but that lettering kinda turned me off.
ottox914
For any of you not aware of the #3 car, click on my sigs below for more info- it started out as a "fix it up, buff it up" project, not so much a restoration as a rescue, fixing and restoring as I could afford. Took it to a PCA concours- that was a bit of a mistake, finished 3rd in class, but what a bunch of Qtip wankers! (there IS a place in the world for the show and shine crowd, just not my thing). Discovered autocross, and was hooked. That was in 1999. Since then, I'm on my third evolution of suspension, have added individual throttle bodies and SDS efi to control them, and last season, turbocharged the little beastie. (yes, I know, YOU CAN'T TURBO A 914). But I did anyway. This season I'm co-driving a lotus 7 replica, a Birkin, helping the owner tune the mega squirt, and getting his suspension set up, and building a new motor for the 914 with a bunch of good Jake parts and Len's heads to support a little more un-natural aspiration. If you go to youtube and search turbo 914 you'll find a little more of the car in action. A few more pics:
balljoint
Um, officially all 5 of you guys are real jerks. With nice rides mind you... wub.gif :jealous: As for my vote? Well, the first member who pms me with pictures of his sister gets it. smile.gif
balljoint
Wow, that was fast! But Jon those pictures are disgusting. biggrin.gif

ottox914
QUOTE(balljoint @ May 20 2009, 07:20 PM) *

Um, officially all 5 of you guys are real jerks. With nice rides mind you... wub.gif :jealous: As for my vote? Well, the first member who pms me with pictures of his sister gets it. smile.gif

Don't have a sister... would my wife do?
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(balljoint @ May 20 2009, 08:21 PM) *

WTF.gif What are you doing out of te sandbox? lol-2.gif I don't even have a sister silly.
pete-stevers
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 18 2009, 08:02 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 18 2009, 06:54 PM) *

We're a long ways from Canada chair.gif huh.gif It takes a whole hour and a half to get there happy11.gif

no worries, i have done the ride in less driving.gif
but if you need back up Jon, i don't mind some good clean fun( fisty cuffs)
and i am a real Canuck aktion035.gif
TJB/914
i don't mind some good clean fun( fisty cuffs)
and i am a real Canuck aktion035.gif
[/quote]

pete-stevers.

Eahh, Too bad you guys don't have a hockey team. stirthepot.gif lol-2.gif

Tom, go Redwings!!
PeeGreen 914
What's hockey? poke.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(ottox914 @ May 20 2009, 11:56 PM) *

QUOTE(balljoint @ May 20 2009, 07:20 PM) *

Don't have a sister... would my wife do?

Yes. biggrin.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 21 2009, 01:48 AM) *

QUOTE(balljoint @ May 20 2009, 08:21 PM) *

WTF.gif What are you doing out of te sandbox? lol-2.gif I don't even have a sister silly.

Not your sister? idea.gif
If that was your brother then I think I know what Mark D's (BMXerror) next wish will be...

wink.gif
rick 918-S
Jeeeze I hate this voting thing! all the cars are always so nice! But I had to vote for #3 because you can't turbo a 914 and keep it a type IV. driving.gif
ottox914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 22 2009, 06:28 PM) *

Jeeeze I hate this voting thing! all the cars are always so nice! But I had to vote for #3 because you can't turbo a 914 and keep it a type IV. driving.gif

...unless you are Chappy...

Thanks for the support!
PeeGreen 914
New picture of #1 from the Auto X today beerchug.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 24 2009, 02:00 AM) *

New picture of #1 from the Auto X today beerchug.gif

Very nice Jon! drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.