Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Six Power... Dyno Charts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
Post up your engine or chassis dyno charts!! I am wondering what kind of power various size six cylinder engines make at full throttle at low RPM...

Has anyone pulled from 1,000 RPM at full throttle and gathered data from basically idle to redline????

I'll take anything, either RWHP numbers or engine dyno plots...

Lets don't have this turn into a Six vs Four battle, because thats not why I am asking this. I am doing a study and need some comparatives.. Thats all, and I won't engage in confrontation!!

Thanks in advance!
sww914
I have a dyno sheet for a 2.9 RSR at my shop, I'll look at it and report back. I might still have one for a 2.7RS too. I don't know off of the top of my head if they went that low.
Jake Raby
Cool! Post them even if they don't go that low, please..

It takes a lot of torque and port velocity to pull at WOT from 1,000 RPM.. Most engines won't do it..
sww914
Do you have Bruce Anderson's book? He shows some dyno charts (graphs?) in his book down to 1K- 3.2, 25hp at 1K, 3.2 with Webers and headers, 26-27hp at 1K, Ruf's Yellowbird with a 3.4TT Motronic, 155hp at 1K. Yeah, that one goes up above 450 at the top.
Jake Raby
I found a few of these online but wanted some others, preferably RWHP numbers that are more recent and hopefully done on a dynojet :-)
And I am more concerned with TQ than HP, as always ....

(and I'd rather the charts that I use not come from printed material)
PeeGreen 914

Once my engine is set I will be going on the dyno. I will post it after I do.
carr914
Jake here is one of my Dyno sheets, but the readout starts @4,500RPM

This engine was a 2.5 Twin-plug built on a 7R case, 2.7 Crank, custom JE Pistons and using an Electromotive Crank-Fire igntion. I don't have the cam-grinds handy, I'll have to dig those out.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
J P Stein
Mine starts @2600. Pulling WOT in 3rd gear from 1000 rpms is not something I'd care to do....no diesel here. biggrin.gif Detonation may well rear it's ugly head. There was only bout 30 minutes of dyno time on the motor when this pull was done. The chart is kinda hard to read.....didn't copy well. Were I in the business, I wouldn't give a paying customer a chart as hosed up as this one. As a customer I was primarly interested in seating the rings and the pulls were an after thought.
2.7L.
Jake Raby
Thanks for those graphs guys. Can you give me some displacement info and just sentence or two about what was done to the engine??

I love that diesel power!!! (so does my Wife!)
J P Stein
2.7L , 10.5:1 compression, single plug on race gas, Solex cams, 36mm int, 35 exh
ports. A few small tricks to improve mid range grunt.
Jake Raby
Thanks JP... Is this the current combo thats in your car?
J P Stein
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ May 17 2009, 05:45 PM) *

Thanks JP... Is this the current combo thats in your car?

Yes. It's got enuff bottom end to pull a stock F as first gear....good for about 56 mph. Our days of smokey burn outs are over, tho.biggrin.gif It works gud for AX.

Here's a link to a vid of a no-shiftem 1st gear AX run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm7mFq7BoUc...player_embedded
racerbvd
I'll dig out the dyno charts for my twin plug 3.0 with 46 Webers and my 3.2 is currently getting rebuilt and will be tuned on the Dyno as well..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.