Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: major oil dump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dangrouche
OIL DUMP WTF!!!
Factory 2.0 dJet injection. Rebuild by someone else, unknown lineage. I got it from a club member (not a bad on him) Engine has given me 800 trouble free miles to date. No leaks of any sort. New oil cooler seals, new flywheel gasket. No leaks from first 500 miles. then started seeing weeping motor oil where tranny and engine meet. did not smell like tranny fluid. After about 600 miles, oil pressure sensor goes out. replaced, but not tightened correctly the first time. cleaned the seeping oil improperly tightened oil sender and thought nothing of it thinking I had not tighted the sender correctly on intitial install.

Today, I started engine, then steady stream of oil coming down 1/4" diameter from where the engine and tranny mate. I quickly pull it back in to garage. I see oil coming down so I put a drain pan to catch this oil . check dipstick level, its dry. there looks to be the entire engine oil contents on driveway and street.

Do you think its galley plugs or flywheel main seal ? if galley pllugs, can it be repaired with engine in place?
sww914
That sounds more like a galley plug- a 1/4" stream. I could probably be done with the engine in place and the tranny removed but once the tranny is unhooked you might as well pull the whole engine, the repairs will be way easier that way IMO.
Now I'm not so sure it will be that much easier. With the tranny out you'll have plenty of room to work. Leave it in and see how it looks.
Sunday morning and I'm not too smart on a Sunday morning.
VaccaRabite
Sounds like a galley plug to me. There is one (maybe 2) that are behind the flywheel.

Nice catch before you killed your motor!!!

Zach
McMark
Actually, there's three behind the flywheel. And that's your likely culprit. Time to pull the motor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.