Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Tranny Drank a 40oz last night
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
Not that kinda tranny biggrin.gif

I adjusted the clutch last night at the fork, and figured since i was there pulled the top fill plug on the tranny to top her off. I went through an entire bottle and then some blink.gif befor it was full.

WTF.gif
keep in mind that this is my daily driver, and it was full one month ago. The bottom of my car is always wet, thats nothing new, but somthing must be wrong right?? I filled it lastnight with lucas 90 and drove into work today. I will monitor the level closly

where does the fluid usually run out on the tranny? i noticed the speedo angle drive is connected to another metal ring that seems to be kinda loose. But it was not leaking that i could see.

confused24.gif

how much fluid does the tranny hold anyway?
Ferg
Sideshift?

If so do you have the plastic cover? Remove that and see if it's full of oil.

Ferg
jhadler
Was the car level when you filled it? If the car was no flat and level, then you may have just overfilled it. It's happened...

-Josh2
jsayre914
Yes its a sideshift, i will look under the plastic cover tommorow, and check for a swimming pool.

The car was level when i filled it last night.

mabey my car was just thirsty beer3.gif
904svo
I just had to replace my clutch. When I pull it out it was covered in a light
coat of oil. The inside of the transmission was also wet with oil, what I found was
the clutch ball ( ball joint that screws into the transmission that holds the fork)
was not tight!!! Trans oil was leaking past it getting inside the trans
then leaking on the clutch plate causing my clutch to slip also the lose ball was causing me to adjust the clutch a lot. I reinstalled it with blue locktite now my clutch don't give me any problems now. I also had to refill my transmission also.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.