Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why do people become attached to their products?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
source

excerpts:
four factors were distinguished that can influence product attachment: self-expression (can I distinguish myself from others with the product?), group affiliation (does ownership of the product connect me to a group?), memories (related to the product) and pleasure (provided by the product)

designers can create a product with a certain personality that consumers can recognize. For example, a Volkswagen Beetle has a happy and friendly personality (see Figure 1). The findings of our research showed that consumers bond more strongly with products that have a ‘personality’ congruent to their own personality, because these products enable them to communicate their individuality

IPB Image

By personalizing a product, an individual invests effort in the product. The outcome of the personalization process is that the consumer adds a personal touch to the product and, consequently, the product becomes more self-expressive of a person’s unique identity. Self-expression in turn has a positive effect on the degree of attachment to a product.
Wes V
Felix;

I'm not really sure if you are asking something or not.

Maybe it would be good for you to think about what you were trying to "project" in the visual design of the "neo". (I really like it)

It retains the contact with the original Porsche style (attaches to that group) and yet steps away from it in it's selection of engine.

It's not a "muscular" look, which most people that do engine swaps in a 914 would strive for. More NSX than GT500.

So, what would the demographic be for an individual that was looking for one?

Heck I don't know.

Wes
BMXerror
I and the car are one! This is not a new concept. There's a reason I have a car that's a persistent underdog, not terribly pretty outside, and good but somewhat flawed inside. A real blast to spend time with once you get to know her, but a never ending work-in-progress! driving.gif
Mark D.
Rand
I've been offline here a while. Imagine my surprise when I check in and see a post from Felix? Am I in a vortex? My luck I will soon learn the NEO is done and I missed out on the whole story as I stand here naked from the recent transport in.

roadster fan
QUOTE(Rand @ May 18 2009, 08:27 PM) *

My luck I will soon learn the NEO is done and I missed out on the whole story as I stand here naked from the recent transport in.

biggrin.gif
type47
I had an '81 VW Vanagon, bought in '83, that I did my first engine rebuild on and then my son took it out to Utah in about 2000 when he went to college. He is moving out of country and I want my Vanagon back! So I understand the connection. I so don't want that to go to the crusher but it's doubtful I can get it back to the East Coast.... sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.