Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Set of 5 1/2 x 15 4-bolt Fuchs, now there are Four
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Cheapsnake
Took these off my project car, going with flares and bigger rubber. All but one of the wheels has some minor curb rash and one has some scratches on one of the spokes. They are all straight and true. Center caps are there but dented. Overall, they're great drivers but you won't win any concours shows with them.

Tires look to have just enough miles on them to wear the nubs off. They're Dunlop GT Qualifiers, two are 195x15 and two are 205x15. The fifth is a crappy off-brand tire good for a spare.

$850 + shipping gets them.

IPB Image
Click to view attachment

I've got pictures of all the wheels but ran out of space for them here. Send me
a PM with your email address and I'll send them to you.

Tom

[b][i]OK, I just shipped one of the wheels (the spare). Looking for offers on the remaing four, with or without tires. PM me with your email address and I'll send you a set of pictures, warts and all. You know you want them.

Tom
Cheapsnake
icon_bump.gif
OK, what are they worth to you?
Tom_T
QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ May 18 2009, 06:11 PM) *

Took these off my project car, going with flares and bigger rubber. All but one of the wheels has some minor curb rash and one has some scratches on one of the spokes. They are all straight and true. Center caps are there but dented. Overall, they're great drivers but you won't win any concours shows with them.

Tires look to have just enough miles on them to wear the nubs off. They're Dunlop GT Qualifiers, two are 195x15 and two are 205x15. The fifth is a crappy off-brand tire good for a spare.

$850 + shipping gets them.

IPB Image
Click to view attachment

I've got pictures of all the wheels but ran out of space for them here. Send me
a PM with your email address and I'll send them to you.

Tom

Why not just post all 5 with caps at 2-3 at a time (what ever fits per post) in a series of posts? confused24.gif

I'm looking for a set of 5 Fuchs 2Ls to replace the ones mysteriously "missing" from mine when I bought it used way back in 12/75 (probably stripped by the dealer to sell to someone else - it had/has 4 Rivieras & a steelie spare), ......but, 2 issues.....

1. Shipping from your area would be a killer to SoCal & East/West Coast,
> any idea what the most economical shipping & price would be to 92867?

2. I think that you're a quite a bit high on price - given their condition.....

There was a set of 5 in the SF Bay Area last month which I just missed, that sold for $400 without tires, but they appeared to be in much better condition than yours, from the pix of both.

It looks like one of the 2 you show has a chip in the rim?? ...any others?

What is the date stamp on the sides of each of the tires?? (maybe photo those too)

FYI - anything mfgd over 2 years prior are NOT safe to drive according to DOT & NTSB, & it pays to check at the new tire dealers too, since they'll often try to pass-off NOS rubber as new/full price, when they actually shouldn't be selling it, so all should beware even when buying new!

This is of particular concern in summer & hotter climate areas.
Cheapsnake
[/quote]

Why not just post all 5 with caps at 2-3 at a time (what ever fits per post) in a series of posts? confused24.gif

I'm looking for a set of 5 Fuchs 2Ls to replace the ones mysteriously "missing" from mine when I bought it used way back in 12/75 (probably stripped by the dealer to sell to someone else - it had/has 4 Rivieras & a steelie spare), ......but, 2 issues.....

There was a set of 5 in the SF Bay Area last month which I just missed, that sold for $400 without tires, but they appeared to be in much better condition than yours, from the pix of both.

What is the date stamp on the sides of each of the tires?? (maybe photo those too)

FYI - anything mfgd over 2 years prior are NOT safe to drive according to DOT & NTSB, & it pays to check at the new tire dealers too, since they'll often try to pass-off NOS rubber as new/full price, when they actually shouldn't be selling it, so all should beware even when buying new!

[/quote]

Thanks for the advice Tom. Anything else we need to know?

Tom
Tom_T
[quote name='Cheapsnake' date='May 26 2009, 06:45 PM' post='1173283']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for the advice Tom. Anything else we need to know?

Tom
[/quote]

Well, I'd like to see a pic of each wheel Front & back/Serial/Part #, tire mfgr. dates, & what you can tell me about any serious chips, & cost to ship them - per my post above - to see if they might be usable for mine? confused24.gif

What year 914 are they off of originally, or what year mfgd.? confused24.gif
- it should be shown at the 914 part number on the back, and should have a fox head impring on the back too..

As I understand it - except for large chips, a good wheel guy can restore the curb rash, etc. to concours or near, but at a cost. There's some out here in SoCal that do good work. So the price of the starter Fuchs & shipping are key in the total picture once finished.

Tom
Cheapsnake
A shameless icon_bump.gif
Tom_T
[quote name='Cheapsnake' date='May 26 2009, 06:45 PM' post='1173283']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Tom
[/quote]

OOOPS!!!! .....I just realized that I had a "Brain Fart" wacko.gif when I wrote the age dating of tires for safety above. ...guess my fingers didn't keep up with my brain by the time I finished my thought on that! type.gif

So that others out there don't get confused, let me retype here what I meant to say, which was based on recent news reports within the past year from warnings by DOT & NTSB:

They recommend not using tires over 5 years since manufactured, with some leeway of another 2 years (ergo my brain fart) for use during the typical life. Some of the tire manufacturers have been recommending up to 7 years is okay to sell. I suppose they vary due to how long it takes the typical driver to use up the tread life on 30-60,000 mi tires!?

This is mostly due to the rubber compounds becoming brittle & shrinking &/or cracking at the sidewalls & between the treads, which is a road safety risk, especially at high speed &/or on hot roads/days.

So you'd want select new or used tires with enough life in them to last for how much you'll drive, and make sure that you're not getting too old NOS tires from the tire companies or on-line sellers.

Hope this clarifies it! huh.gif

Tom_T
QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ May 28 2009, 07:20 PM) *

A shameless icon_bump.gif

Just pm'd you. Thanx Tom!
Tom_T
BTW - I found out in my tires research with Continental, that Dunlops are no longer their own brand/company anymore - but instead are only marketed as a "brand name" by Continental in Europe & by Goodyear here in the US & Canada. Continental now also owns Semperit but only sells them in Europe - not the USA! So those are probably similar to Goodyear RTs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.