Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Stuck in Barstow Again"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
What a blast the track day was at Willow Springs today! I left about 3:30 p.m. and ended up in an unplanned caravan with John Peterson until Barstow.

After picking up some grub and fluids I was all stoked to head out across the desert for Needles and be sleeping in my own be tonight. Alas, it was not to be. About 25 miles east of Barstow the right front wheel bearing said farewell and took the hub with it.

AAA got me back to Barstow. I'm at the Travelodge next to the shop where the car is being fixed. A flurry of phone calls to folks on the emergency call list resulted in finding part with Slits in Riverside. So tomorrow I pick up the rental car at 7:30 a.m., drive 1.5 hours to see Ron and get parts, then 1.5 hours back and hopefully will be on the road by late afternoon.

It sure is a good thing that driving one of these little gems is so much fun!
dw914er
sucks about the wheel bearing but glad AAA helped get you to the hotel... hope the rest of the drive goes well Ernie
ThinAir
Made it home last night about 9:30 p.m. The trip across the desert was uneventful, but hot - at least the oil temps were right where they should be. A BIG thanks to SLITS for helping me get back on the road.
dw914er
glad you made it back Ernie
SirAndy
QUOTE(ThinAir @ May 20 2009, 10:24 PM) *

Made it home last night about 9:30 p.m. The trip across the desert was uneventful, but hot - at least the oil temps were right where they should be. A BIG thanks to SLITS for helping me get back on the road.

smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.