Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The new Server is up and running!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
I'm still working out some bugs, but the new Server is up and running! driving.gif

I know Email notifications don't work. type.gif

If you find anything unusual, please post here ...
cheer.gif Andy
Joe Bob
Cool beans....email notification has ALWAYS been a problem for me. Maybe it will work when you fix it.
blitZ
Nice, seems faster.
SirAndy
Ok, one last restart (I hope) ... biggrin.gif
silverteener
I've been waiting all day! clap23.gif
914rrr
piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif
HCRDAN
Thank you for making this available to all of us.
jsayre914
Thanks
beerchug.gif
Randal
Quick! So how much faster is the server and nice job getting the site back up?

914werke
Thanks as always Andy!
914werke
aktion035.gif
charliew
The server is just as fast as it can be.
carr914
Hopefully it's just me, but it seems Very Slow, especially pictures. Everything else on my computer seems to be running at it's normal rapid self.

T.C.
SirAndy
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 20 2009, 09:10 PM) *

Hopefully it's just me, but it seems Very Slow, especially pictures. Everything else on my computer seems to be running at it's normal rapid self.

It runs a lot faster than before for me ...
idea.gif Andy
championgt1
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 20 2009, 09:57 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ May 20 2009, 09:10 PM) *

It runs a lot faster than before for me ...
idea.gif Andy

agree.gif Way faster. Nice Job!
McMark
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
thompson-mfr
I think I almost broke my REFRESH BUTTON!

The site said be back up later tonight. Underpromise and OVERDELIVER! Was back up before I knew it.

THANK YOU for your hard work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SirAndy
Email notifications should work again. If not, please let me know.

Also, if you're having trouble with pictures not loading, let me know which thread. Some threads, like the WCR picture thread have a lot of offsite hosted pictures, like photobucket icon8.gif which might be the reason they load slow for you.

I just wish people would stop linking to offsite images. It sucks ...
dry.gif Andy
McMark
I've been pondering a MOD for the software which would grab offsite images, and plop them in our downloads folder for onsite hosting... cool.gif
JoeSharp
I love it when you guys talk dirty.....
zymurgist
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 21 2009, 05:33 PM) *

Email notifications should work again. If not, please let me know.

Also, if you're having trouble with pictures not loading, let me know which thread. Some threads, like the WCR picture thread have a lot of offsite hosted pictures, like photobucket icon8.gif which might be the reason they load slow for you.

I just wish people would stop linking to offsite images. It sucks ...
dry.gif Andy

I use flickr.com because the uploads are easy... we have a limitation here regarding the number of images that can be attached to a post. With flickr, I just link them. It's a lot easier from a posting point of view.
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ May 21 2009, 03:37 PM) *

I've been pondering a MOD for the software which would grab offsite images, and plop them in our downloads folder for onsite hosting... cool.gif

Hmmm, that shouldn't be too difficult to code. Parse the post for offsite image links when submitted. If found, get the image, throw it in the uploads folder and replace the link with a internal link ...

type.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(zymurgist @ May 21 2009, 04:11 PM) *

we have a limitation here regarding the number of images that can be attached to a post.

Then make two posts ... How often do you need to upload 10 images in one post?
confused24.gif Andy
xsurfer
Thanks! This is just a great place!
SirAndy
Anybody having any issues? Any feedback on how it runs for you? Faster? Slower? Yes? No? What?

idea.gif Andy
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 29 2009, 08:26 AM) *

Anybody having any issues? Any feedback on how it runs for you? Faster? Slower? Yes? No? What?

idea.gif Andy

Almost instant on my machine at home... MMmmmmm no downtime crashies... Me likey! biggrin.gif
strawman
Soooweeeet!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.