Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: turn indicators....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
i have new bulbs all around and my indicators work properly. however, i get honked at regularly because it would seem that other drivers do not see the indicator light when i am turning or changing lanes. during the day is the problem as all lights are bright at night. anyone else have this problem? any solutions?

cheers,

scott

turboturtle
Solution- keep your eyes on your rear view mirror. The tails just aren't bright, or high enough for most of today's drivers. Ninety percent are Tards in my book. They easily assume that since your in a small vehicle, it's not going to hurt them. Some FU mentality for sure. Pay attention and you will see for yourself.
Euro rear assembly's might help,

Still dealing with Tards however.

My .02 worth!

Bob
scottb
QUOTE(turboturtle @ May 21 2009, 05:22 PM) *

Solution- keep your eyes on your rear view mirror. The tails just aren't bright, or high enough for most of today's drivers. Ninety percent are Tards in my book. They easily assume that since your in a small vehicle, it's not going to hurt them. Some FU mentality for sure. Pay attention and you will see for yourself.
Euro rear assembly's might help,

Still dealing with Tards however.

My .02 worth!

Bob

agree on the "tard" issue. interesting is that it is often drivers in front of me turning in to traffic. cut me off and/or i have to swerve to miss them. they are looking at me and still honk and let me know i am "#1" finger.gif

we collectively, meaning someone with more skill than i, need to make a brighter solution to our signals. i have seen some prototypes on the board for LED tail lights. get this done all around and we can all be safe.

i drive like i used to drive a road bike.... like everyone can't see me.

cheers,

scott
Dave_Darling
You can clean the sockets--they do corrode over the years. Also clean up the wire connections. Replace the bulbs as well, because they can get a little dimmer too.

Check what kind of shape the reflectors are in. Dull crusty reflectors don't reflect well. You may be able to polish them up, but careful not to wear through the reflective coating.

--DD
SirAndy
Did you get the correct bulbs?
idea.gif Andy
zeezee
I painted the inside of the buckets with a spray can "Chrome". Seemed to brighten things up a bit.
Mikey914
Clean the contacts and grounds. You can replace with LEDs that operate on a lower voltage, that will help on the ground situation these cars are known for.
BK911
I use a dremmel with a small wire brush attachment to clean the contacts inside of the bulb holder. Couple of seconds and it looks all new and shiney.
turboturtle
I forgot about those after market rear window brake light kits that were on the market Twenty years ago.

I think it would be way cool to mount an LED bar like they sell for the lower rear of truck beds. It might be wider than the rear window of our cars however. I'm curious to see for myself.

Bob
orcadigital
Just a side note on LED Tails... some of the LED light options (the 1156/1157 direct replacements that NAPA carries for example) have some number of LED's all facing out. This almost totally eliminates the reflected light off the housings (since none of the light is facing the reflector), and results in a dimmer light overall. Great theory, not so good in practice.

Clean the contacts, new bulbs, and maybe some plastic polish on the lenses...then pray the guy behind you didn't opt for the "value line" brake pads last time he did them...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.