Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pressure
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thompson-mfr
Hello all!

74 2.0 original FI Fuel Pump up front

I had adjusted my fuel pressure a week or so ago and then went through the tank and replaced front lines and fuel filter.

Lines in tunnel are good. I blew air through them and inspected for leaks.

So my fuel pressure was still good after my hose and filter change (thought it may have been high after the change). I drove the car to verify with the fuel pressure gauge still hooked up and it ran like a champ.

When I removed the fuel pressure gauge and reconnected the hose (used the line from the cold start valve) test drove it and it fell on its face.

I checked the supply line from the tank to the filter and drained a little fuel in a cup. Tons of flow.

After that I drove it again and it didn't fall on its face quite as bad but still has A LOT of random flat spots.

HELP PLEASE!
thompson-mfr
forgot to mention that I changed all the fuel line in the engine compartment as well.
SLITS
Cold start injector is leaking .... car running rich?

If you're not in a cold climate (really cold), just plug the cold start injector line ... you don't need it.
Cap'n Krusty
How's the pressure now? After you've removed the CSV from the system, look for a pinched line under the tank, which can cause either low flow or really high pressure. Putting the pump in the front on a car with the early type plastic lines can put a strain on fuel hoses and lines that were not made to be under pressure, so you MUST be sure you are using German hose of the appropriate diameter, and you MUST use the adapter hose (914 356 525 00) in at least TWO places (and maybe 3), one from the pump to the plastic line, and one from that line to the engine plumbing. The plastic filter is NOT designed to be pressurized! If you put the filter in the rear, use the BMW 2002 Tii filter (13 32 1 256 492 or Bosch 71 015). It's a metal can and has the filtration and flow charistics you need.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.