Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: another "just my luck" thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lotus_65
so i'm pulling the bad engine mounts from my farm-field engine chappy and i installed a couple weeks ago...

(don't even ask why i didn't swap them when it was on the stand)
051103-stupid4.gif

the cross bar is loose hanging on the clutch cable (ok)

shift bar's out and i've gotten the passenger side one out.

drivers side is clogged with gunk, so i go for the bracket like i did the other one.

i start cranking on the top bolt with the ratchet and become concerned just as i realize i've loosened the bolt enough to tighten the back of the ratchet snug against the fan housing.

now i can't get to the dial on the ratchet to reverse my path to free the wrench. the socket's too slippery to turn with a channel lock, but i'll try to get after it with a needle nose vise grip.

i don't know about you, but i'm pretty sure i'm too stupid to own this car.
051103-stupid4.gif 051103-stupid4.gif 051103-stupid4.gif 051103-stupid4.gif 051103-stupid4.gif 051103-stupid4.gif
l8r

thefleur

iamchappy
QUOTE(lotus_65 @ May 21 2009, 10:10 PM) *

so i'm pulling the bad engine mounts from my farm-field engine chappy and i installed a couple weeks ago...

(don't even ask why i didn't swap them when it was on the stand)
051103-stupid4.gif

the cross bar is loose hanging on the clutch cable (ok)

shift bar's out and i've gotten the passenger side one out.

drivers side is clogged with gunk, so i go for the bracket like i did the other one.

i start cranking on the top bolt with the ratchet and become concerned just as i realize i've loosened the bolt enough to tighten the back of the ratchet snug against the fan housing.

now i can't get to the dial on the ratchet to reverse my path to free the wrench. the socket's too slippery to turn with a channel lock, but i'll try to get after it with a needle nose vise grip.

i don't know about you, but i'm pretty sure i'm too stupid to own this car.
051103-stupid4.gif 051103-stupid4.gif 051103-stupid4.gif 051103-stupid4.gif 051103-stupid4.gif 051103-stupid4.gif
l8r

thefleur

Not supid, just a monkeys uncle huh.gif

Hit it with a hammer and duck.....
lotus_65
sorta like that.

finished, now going to testerout.
lotus_65
... i am THE dunkle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.