Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front valance ideas?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wallys914
So I had been kicking myself well sort of for cutting up my ok Chrome bumper to try to make it work with a grill, but not so much lately cause I picked up a gt fg front bumper and valance. Now loooking through some pics of other worlder's cars I see a style that I like a gt front valance, with a chrome bumper. I dont know how much cooling this will provide for a v8 conversion though. Any ideas? Any one sporting this look, with pics?

Much appreciated!

Click to view attachment
roadster fan
I havent done it, but that is not enough of an opening for cooling a V8 let alone an oil cooler. Even the GT bumper has double that size opening for an oil cooler.

Look for pics of computers4kids car, and JRust's car. They cut openings in bumpers and used a 350z grill which matches up with the fog light grills almost perfectly.

I believe your opening should be about 25% the size of your radiator and must be shrouded to maximize cooling. Hope this helps, others will chime it I'm sure. Also do a search for V8 threads, there are many.

Jim
JJ914GT
My car has the black grill from a VW Golf in the chrome bumper.

I also have the black foglight grills. Looks completely stock. Have never seen this somewhere else, but it works very very well.

( that would be the VW Rabbit MK1 in the US I think)
jimkelly
pic
JJ914GT
Picture of the VW Golf MK1 grill:
IPB Image
jmmotorsports
My V8

Jerry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.