Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clean 914 non 6 wanted within 500-700 miles of Baltimore/MD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
ghuff
So I have looked at 4 cars now around here and all are too far gone, or require far too much bodywork for my time allowance.

I'm looking for a 4 cylinder 914, super clean body, mechanicals not a big deal as long as it's drivable and can be driven safely.

I am outside of baltimore and willing to travel, just not looking to waste time. So if the car is rusty and you think you can get me to buy it when I get there -- do not bother.

I have been misled by a few folks now, and not looking to waste time. Thanks!
ghuff
To the guy who pm'd me, I may be interested but your price is high and for what you are asking I would have to see photos of the entire restoration in detail.

It will not let me send a PM back to you for some reason.
ghuff
I should probably clarify a few things. I do not care if the care is a 2.0l, I would be happy with a 1.7.

I do not care if the interior is aged, the dash is cracked etc.

I care that the body is in fine shape and that is about it. I'm looking for a very clean driver. While offers of 13,000$+ priced 914's are nice, they are kind of outside reality.

I'm not looking to rip anyone off, but I am looking for a fair deal and can afford it/will pay for it. I am not looking for a concours car either.

At the prices of some of the offers I have gotten, I will ship a car out from out west for 1/8th of the price that needs minimal work to look nice, possibly a respray on an otherwise solid chassis.
jimkelly
i paid $3500 for it as it sits - will sell for $3500
oil pressure sensor sheared off in block - runs rough needs something? - was painted before i got it so i do not know about any structural repairs done.
ghuff
QUOTE(jimkelly @ May 23 2009, 06:04 AM) *

i paid $3500 for it as it sits - will sell for $3500
oil pressure sensor sheared off in block - runs rough needs something? - was painted before i got it so i do not know about any structural repairs done.

Jim. I'd like to see this car.

Can we arrange something maybe? I sent you a PM with my phone number. Thanks!
jimkelly
gary

thanks for coming out and uncovering what my car was trying to keep secret : )

not too bad overall though - thankfully.

here are some pics and i will add a few more.

http://www.pbase.com/jimkelly/1975914

jim
ghuff
Thanks for having me out. Cleanest I have seen yet. I'm speaking with some people about the welding work.

Going to sleep on it, and see if I can line up everything in advance and plot some timelines out tomorrow & monday while I am at work!
jimkelly
i just added some good : ) pics of the bad : ( areas

http://www.pbase.com/jimkelly/1975914

why it would not run without me manually dumping fuel into the trottle body seems to have been the result of a clogged fuel filter - getting a new one tomorrow. update:: yup, it needed new fuel filter and a working relay - runs now.

see pics in garage forum.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=95996
GIMLI
Check out my 74 914--it's in good condition see the GIMLI thread. Let me know if you hjave any questions
Scott
QUOTE(ghuff @ May 22 2009, 10:13 AM) *

So I have looked at 4 cars now around here and all are too far gone, or require far too much bodywork for my time allowance.

I'm looking for a 4 cylinder 914, super clean body, mechanicals not a big deal as long as it's drivable and can be driven safely.

I am outside of baltimore and willing to travel, just not looking to waste time. So if the car is rusty and you think you can get me to buy it when I get there -- do not bother.

Racer
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=87719

located near DC. Not sure if it fits your intentions.. open to reasonable, fair offers.
orange73
QUOTE(ghuff @ May 22 2009, 11:13 AM) *

I have a 1972 914 1.7 car that was shipped here to south suburb of chicago from SoCal 1.5 years ago, it has never been titled in IL. it has 92 k miles new seats and carpet dash is perfect outside has second paint with 4 dings and a few scratches otherwise 98% rust free. It runs great. I will tell whole story on phone if anyone interested. I will place on ebay in a month. $5500 obo. dfpetro@sbcglobal.net for pics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.