Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Officail Shoot Out thread.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Pages: 1, 2
J P Stein
...on the first page till after the event by myself if I have to.
This is the spot for bench racin', questions, who's comming, travel plans and general bullshit.

EDIT: Oh yeah, excuses.....can't forget those. biggrin.gif
6freak
Im there ..just 1 1/2 away ..and no SmellA traffic...And i heard there was a smake down come`n ....P.S THANK A VETERAN THIS WEEKEND flag.gif
championgt1
I am there. Great venue! driving.gif
J P Stein
It is a great venue and close to an entrance to Mount Ranier National Park. If you like mountians we gots em'.
PeeGreen 914
Well JP, it looks like my car won't be a target for you. I had my first time out and I have some bugs to work out and I will be on four year old V710s dry.gif Since Matt's car had a little accident he needs to focus on it and I will just be getting the car ready by the event. I will do my best but it will not be running as well as it should. I also talked to Leeds and he said he is planning on having his Boxter ready by then and wants to bring that. So that means the FP 914 will most likely not be there sad.gif I am talking to every 914 guy up here though and it sounds like a few will be uo to the drive down for this awesome event. Even though my car won't be on it A game I will be looking to have some fun. piratenanner.gif
koozy
I'll be there. No tellin which car I'll be in just yet but either way it will be a frikkin blast. I think my best bet is to bring the car I'm used to driving. Not the newly built car that's not only "not finished" but even if it's put together in time won't be tested nor sorted out.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(koozy @ May 24 2009, 01:03 AM) *

I'll be there. No tellin which car I'll be in just yet but either way it will be a frikkin blast. I think my best bet is to bring the car I'm used to driving. Not the newly built car that's not only "not finished" but even if it's put together in time won't be tested nor sorted out.

That's a good idea. Really the problem I am running up against is there is only one more AX in between now and the event for me and I need more time to sort out the car dry.gif . It will be fun though.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 24 2009, 05:55 AM) *

That's a good idea. Really the problem I am running up against is there is only one more AX in between now and the event for me and I need more time to sort out the car dry.gif . It will be fun though.

One AX before the Shoot Out?

Lessee, I gots a bunch, this is the gut of the season...June 13/14, June 21, July 5, July 11/12, July 25/26.....
The trick here is gonna be keeping decent tiars under the car.

Too bad about Leeds not bringing the white car...oh well.
Mike, I'd bring the new one if it's "done".....if only for test purposes. There is no substitute for testing.
Chris Hamilton
JP, sorry we can't make it with the blue machine. It's just too long of a haul for us at what's looking like 3 bucks a gallon.

If you want to do a bit of bench racing... we've got a limited slip now and twice as much power as when you last met us...
J P Stein
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ May 24 2009, 12:00 PM) *

JP, sorry we can't make it with the blue machine. It's just too long of a haul for us at what's looking like 3 bucks a gallon.

If you want to do a bit of bench racing... we've got a limited slip now and twice as much power as when you last met us...

Too bad, Andrew and that ugly blue car ( biggrin.gif ) make a formidable opponent.

Running at your house last year was a hoot. We were not set up for the cold concrete.....but we snuck up on ya anyhow. Andrew was able to respond better than us for day 2.....home field advantage is a plus. I couldn't do to my car what needed to be done overnight even if I was home.
Chris Hamilton
Our R250 goodyears have a very hard time on a short course when it's so damn cold.

On the first day against two-driver cars we just didn't have a chance. The rules around here have always been one driver per car per rungroup, and we've been chastised before for trying to do that tire-warming thing.

We'd really love to move to some hoosiers, but haven't found any cantilevers in the R25 compound that fit our wheels. What size are you running on your car?
sgetsiv
this is the gut of the season...June 13/14, June 21, July 5, July 11/12, July 25/26.....

The June 21 and July 5 are OR PCA at PIR - what about the other events? Where can I get more info?
J P Stein
QUOTE(sgetsiv @ May 24 2009, 05:34 PM) *

this is the gut of the season...June 13/14, June 21, July 5, July 11/12, July 25/26.....

The June 21 and July 5 are OR PCA at PIR - what about the other events? Where can I get more info?

The rest are SCCA events.

http://www.oregonscca.com/content/section/3/287/

The 7/11-12 dates are the National Tour event.

If you want to run more than once a month joining the SCCA is a good plan.
Most of our local SCCA events are at the South Pits. The 6/13-14 dates are OR SCCA events at Packwood......it's worth the 130 mile drive up there to run or watch, either day or both. You'd be in D Street Perpared....me thinks
J P Stein
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ May 24 2009, 04:42 PM) *

Our R250 goodyears have a very hard time on a short course when it's so damn cold.

On the first day against two-driver cars we just didn't have a chance. The rules around here have always been one driver per car per rungroup, and we've been chastised before for trying to do that tire-warming thing.

We'd really love to move to some hoosiers, but haven't found any cantilevers in the R25 compound that fit our wheels. What size are you running on your car?

I'm running 9.5 cantis up front & 10 X22s straight sides in back... R35 compound.
I'd like to run R25s but there are fitment/geometry challenges up front in the available sizes.

With the spare time brought on by schedules, I buffed off the cone guts and laid a coat of wax on the shitbox....gots some new tiars mounted. No slacking here. biggrin.gif
koozy
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 24 2009, 07:45 AM) *

Mike, I'd bring the new one if it's "done".....if only for test purposes. There is no substitute for testing.

I'll do it, if it's drivable by then.
sgetsiv
I'm planning to order a number kit from eDecals.com

Should I get 8" or 10" height numbers?

What about class letters?

Thanks,

Steve
J P Stein
QUOTE(sgetsiv @ May 25 2009, 09:25 AM) *

I'm planning to order a number kit from eDecals.com

Should I get 8" or 10" height numbers?

What about class letters?

Thanks,

Steve

The minimum size for SCCA is 8 inches. I'd wait & see which numbers are available for your use from the various sanctioning bodies....statt with PCA. Brit would be the one to talk to there. The SCCA is a bit more flexible due to a bunch of classes. You may want to look at magnetic numbers....a bit more expensive but long lasting and allow more flexibility.
sgetsiv
Looks like I'll be running SSM class, at least from what I can tell.

I'll be ordering magnetic for sure so I can mix it up as needed. 4 numbers has plenty of flexibility.
BKLA
JP -

Where's the dates? Hotel info? costs? Local beer info? strip clubs? you know... all the impotent stuff!

bump a roonie! icon_bump.gif
J P Stein
August 8 & 9....be there or be square.

http://www.destinationpackwood.com
PeeGreen 914
Looks like I may be able to make it to the next SCCA race down there. My car NEEDS more time and I just need to have more AX time to figure it out.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 25 2009, 12:52 PM) *

Looks like I may be able to make it to the next SCCA race down there. My car NEEDS more time and I just need to have more AX time to figure it out.

A good plan. That's a 2 day event @ Packwood, June 13/14. If you do TO, you can run boh morning & afernoon sessions....that would give you 10 runs minimum per day....prolly more.biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914

I don't know about two days but we'll see. It is up to my codriver. He's the one who is paying for the trip if we go. New tires would be a big help but the fuel starvation is the biggest issue we are fighting. Engine is good and strong but the turn arounds are killing us. Well, the four year old V710s aren't helping either. If we do come down it does give you a taste of what you're up against though laugh.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 25 2009, 07:05 PM) *

New tires would be a big help but the fuel starvation is the biggest issue we are fighting. Engine is good and strong but the turn arounds are killing us.

Check your float levels.
Bout the only time I've had this problem was on the concrete of Marina last year.
I need to do the bowl mod.....one of these days. Can't pull the Gs on asphalt.
PeeGreen 914
I'll be going through all the issues. We really knew there were going to be one or two as we just ran out of time./ That's okay since we DID get the car close enough to go out.
J P Stein
So, who else is comin'?
Brett, I hear you;re gonna have a co-driver or your buddy is gonna go it alone in your car. 2 drivers is better and more fun. biggrin.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ May 24 2009, 04:42 PM) *

I really think your car might be light enough to get away with Hoosier R25 Formula Atlantic tires. I have a set in my garage. They will fit on 8"rims but 10" is preferable. SIdewalls are fairly flexy but I think Andrew could drive on them effectively.

If you guys had had a tire warmer that first day I suspect the results would have been much different for both days. I have never been as close to Andrews clean run times last year as I was at Shootout on that Saturday when he tried running R250s by himself. What I dont understand is why you guys didnt put a second driver in the car?

However it was rather satisfying to see you guys scramble mount a skinny set of Hoosier A6's and then kick everyones butt the next day. Brit was so frustrated that he tried charging the finnish line to catch you guys and the expected spin resulted. His scratch time may have been faster but we all knew who was faster driver and car.

There was a reason why JP was advocating two drivers per run group and there were a couple others pushing for that as well. I saw it coming coming just went with flow of two drivers, but my car wasnt even close to task of going after cars like Andrews or JP's or several others. Although it was fun showing JP our tail fumes. LOL! It just was never setup as a dedicated AX car. Track cars with AX turn in are rather disasterous on fast tracks! I think Rob learned that last weekend plowing around Marina. I gave him some tips on what would need to be done to turn it into an AX car. I'd like to see Robs car go to this years shoot out setup for AX to see how it does. Maybe if Rob goes I could bum a seat in the car.

I'm very close to lopping winshield off the Boxster and mounting all fiberglass body panels. I want to chase the blue car again. I'm not the driver Andrew is but its fun chasing him!

Hey would it change your guys minds if we put together a tow fund? We helped JP and others last year with their costs. I'd be happy to throw some money into the pot.
J P Stein
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jun 5 2009, 10:18 AM) *

I'd be happy to throw some money into the pot.

As would I.

Other than that, the post is drivel. biggrin.gif
Todd Enlund
I plan on being there. No car, but I'll have my camera.

Anyone know a good place to pitch a tent nearby?
J P Stein
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jun 6 2009, 04:07 PM) *

You can camp on site....in the building if you want. It's big.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 6 2009, 05:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jun 6 2009, 04:07 PM) *

You can camp on site....in the building if you want. It's big.

Sweet!
sean_v8_914
Damn. I wish it wsnt all the way up in pseudo-Canada
J P Stein
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jun 7 2009, 10:56 AM) *

I would like to see you there, Slick, but it IS a long haul from Dago.... even for 2 days of autocross in God's country.
Maybe next year we can meet again in NorCal... eh?
JRust
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 25 2009, 03:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 25 2009, 12:52 PM) *

A good plan. That's a 2 day event @ Packwood, June 13/14. If you do TO, you can run boh morning & afernoon sessions....that would give you 10 runs minimum per day....prolly more.biggrin.gif

Hey can a rookie with no roll cage or good tires get on the track? blink.gif
I've got the weekend completely open & my car actually works confused24.gif
Kicking around the idea of coming up if there is a good 914 group running driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
Jamie, any car can run at an AX. Even a stock POS can run. I won't be going to the 13th 14th event but I will be down there on the 21st. Yes, it is father's day but it is MY day;) Already got permission from the wife. We have an AX in bremerton on the 13th so it really shoots down going to Pacwood.
grantsfo
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jun 7 2009, 10:56 AM) *

You should head up for June 20th GGR event in Alameda. Bet we have more 914's there than shootout. Garunteed that the fastest cars will be there as well. With a couple cars from So Cal bet we could see 20 914 drivers. Perhaps this can be our mid engine madness AX. I see talk of Lotus club possibly going to this event as well.

Maybe call it the South of the Psuedo-Canadian Border Shoot Out Lite.

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 7 2009, 02:20 PM) *

in God's country.

JP, Dont forget to tell everyone that God goes on vacation for 9 months after September. LOL!
J P Stein
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jun 8 2009, 01:51 PM) *

JP, Dont forget to tell everyone that God goes on vacation for 9 months after September. LOL!

All too true, I'm afeared. That is about the only thing that keeps this area livable or we'd be overrun with Californicators.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 7 2009, 10:59 PM) *

Jamie, any car can run at an AX. Even a stock POS can run. I won't be going to the 13th 14th event but I will be down there on the 21st. Yes, it is father's day but it is MY day;) Already got permission from the wife. We have an AX in bremerton on the 13th so it really shoots down going to Pacwood.

Coming down to run PIR, Jon? Make sure all your nuts & bolts are tight. biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
There is the pro solo on the 20th and AX on the 21st in Pac. I was planning on going to the AX.
PeeGreen 914
So we got a glimps of what te sootout will be like thiss weekend. We had 11 914s out there with 8 running in the AX. Leeds and JP look to be a good match, well, Britian in JPs car biggrin.gif . I have a bit more work to do with getting everything dialed in but I'll be ready. Just wish I had the dough to get some fresh rubber. The other stuff I can fix or someone here can get it right. Looking forward to a good turn out.

Oh, and Grant, you're welcome to come up here anytime. The PNWR guys will be happy to hand your ass to you av-943.gif
J P Stein
oops
6freak
[quote name=
The PNWR guys will be happy to hand your ass to you av-943.gif
[/quote]

Haaaaa Shit!..... huh.gif..... I smell smoke
grantsfo
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 14 2009, 04:21 PM) *

Oh, and Grant, you're welcome to come up here anytime. The PNWR guys will be happy to hand your ass to you av-943.gif

No doubt in my mind that most of you 914 guys could with exception of JP. smilie_pokal.gif I'm pretty sure I could put my tow vehicle in front of his times. smile.gif JP might have a chance at over 50 title this year since my car with an expereinced senior citizen wont be in attendance. ....Oh geez we will never hear the end of it if both he and and Brit set TTOD for their respective classes. Please somone old and fairly fast go!
PeeGreen 914
icon_bump.gif
J P Stein
I'm in the over 60 class......

This is a joke from last year. I tried to get it going last year incorporation a small wager, but had to drop it to 55 to get any takers......that cost me a buck. headbang.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jul 3 2009, 06:34 AM) *

I'm in the over 60 class......

This is a joke from last year. I tried to get it going last year incorporation a small wager, but had to drop it to 55 to get any takers......that cost me a buck. headbang.gif

You didnt go down without a fight. Pretty darn close battle between you and Dan. Of course he had the knife and you had the gun.
DanT
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif poke.gif
PeeGreen 914
Register here http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/eve...2B6C8E59A51EA5A
6freak
$250.00 For the AX school? ...dang ..and only 12 drivers!... double dang...Anywho Im in for the 8th and 9th
6freak
Done Im in! and stay`n in the RV at the Mill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.