Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914rrr
canceled.
Joe Owensby
I live in Spartanburg, SC, about 3 hrs from Knoxville. I may be interested in driving up some time, at least for a day. Weekend before and weekend of July 4th are out. Thanks, JoeO
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Joe Owensby @ May 22 2009, 09:45 PM) *

I live in Spartanburg, SC, about 3 hrs from Knoxville. I may be interested in driving up some time, at least for a day. Weekend before and weekend of July 4th are out. Thanks, JoeO

If you are gonna run The Dragon there might be a couple teeners from Memphis show up. Also a couple of cars from Nashville might be persuaded to join in also.
BK911
Nice. I feel like I'm gonna cry! I'll be in fl until next weekend but any weekend after that is fine with me.
rfuerst911sc
Brian why the move is it work related? Good luck beerchug.gif
914rrr
Let's shoot for June. I just need some dates that people are available. I am sure we will all be able to come up with a date that works with everyone's schedule. Yes, we can do the Dragon. Do we want to make this a 1 or 2 day party? Since some of you are coming a ways, I thought we would have a cookout, then do the dragon the next day. Just let me know and I will get arrangements made for an overnight stay.

Rob is itching to get his 914 out on the open roads!

Nel beerchug.gif

KELTY360
QUOTE(914rrr @ May 24 2009, 07:45 AM) *

I thought we would have a cookout, then do the dragon the next day.

Wow, do you have to wait a whole day after eating to do the Dragon?

chowtime.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif barf.gif

chowtime.gif yellowsleep[1].gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif biggrin.gif

Sounds like fun. Enjoy.
914rrr
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 24 2009, 11:55 AM) *

Sounds like fun. Enjoy.

biggrin.gif .....Tail of the Dragon is EXTREMELY curvy.

BTW: We have a new camera, and will be video taping this drive!

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(914rrr @ May 24 2009, 01:24 PM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 24 2009, 11:55 AM) *

Sounds like fun. Enjoy.

biggrin.gif .....Tail of the Dragon is EXTREMELY curvy.

BTW: We have a new camera, and will be video taping this drive!

I video taped a dragon run last year if I'd just get off my lazy ass and download it and burn it to dvd.
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ May 24 2009, 02:49 PM) *

I video taped a dragon run last year if I'd just get off my lazy ass and download it and burn it to dvd.

I'd like to see that myself.... w00t.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(7275914911 @ May 24 2009, 02:53 PM) *

Well, gonna have to wait, soon as I finish my lunch gotta put the muffler on the Bee.
914rrr
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ May 24 2009, 03:56 PM) *

Well, gonna have to wait, soon as I finish my lunch gotta put the muffler on the Bee.

You do know, that you will have to bring the bumblebee to the cookout and drive?!?

Just a FYI: Dragon is 30-35 mpg, and the local road by us that takes you to a mining town, a major portion of it is 55 mph. It is an incredible drive! Plus noone is ever on it. No backups or slow pokes!

I have several videos of our last drive, just need to figure out how to put it on a thread???
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(914rrr @ May 24 2009, 04:25 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ May 24 2009, 03:56 PM) *

You do know, that you will have to bring the bumblebee to the cookout and drive?!?

Just a FYI: Dragon is 30-35 mpg, and the local road by us that takes you to a mining town, a major portion of it is 55 mph. It is an incredible drive! Plus noone is ever on it. No backups or slow pokes!

I have several videos of our last drive, just need to figure out how to put it on a thread???

If all goes well it will be there for sure.
914rrr
added some possible date...check first post!
jcambo7
So..who is all welcome to come?
914rrr
Everyone is welcome! beerchug.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(914rrr @ May 26 2009, 12:59 PM) *

Sweet. drunk.gif I would love to go. Only if my teener is being driven though. Hopefully it will be drivable by than. June 27th though is the only way I would make it.
914rrr
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ May 27 2009, 04:18 AM) *

QUOTE(914rrr @ May 26 2009, 12:59 PM) *

Sweet. drunk.gif I would love to go. Only if my teener is being driven though. Hopefully it will be drivable by than. June 27th though is the only way I would make it.

That would be great! Keep checking back to the thread for more updates.

Nel beerchug.gif
914rrr
Hey guys!

I know we are all extremely busy, but I need some dates that would be good for the cookout. chowtime.gif
It does not have to be in June if that is to early.

It is summer, and time for some 914 summer fun!! driving-girl.gif driving.gif

Nel
BK911
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ May 23 2009, 04:56 PM) *

No, not work related. I just wanted to try something different. I drove up to Asheville and then to Knoxville one week for vacation, went back to FL and quit my job! I've been here for about 3 weeks now and the only regret is not moving sooner! I LOVE it!! My garage is completely unpacked and set up, but I am still living out of a suitcase and sleeping on the floor! Yup, priorities. biggrin.gif

As far as which weekend works for me, all of them! I am up for getting together whenever anybody wants to carve some mountain roads. That's the main reason I moved here.

I also have plenty of room if anybody needs a floor to sleep on.
914rrr
QUOTE(BK911 @ May 30 2009, 10:55 PM) *

QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ May 23 2009, 04:56 PM) *

No, not work related. I just wanted to try something different. I drove up to Asheville and then to Knoxville one week for vacation, went back to FL and quit my job! I've been here for about 3 weeks now and the only regret is not moving sooner! I LOVE it!! My garage is completely unpacked and set up, but I am still living out of a suitcase and sleeping on the floor! Yup, priorities. biggrin.gif

As far as which weekend works for me, all of them! I am up for getting together whenever anybody wants to carve some mountain roads. That's the main reason I moved here.

I also have plenty of room if anybody needs a floor to sleep on.

Hey Brian,

Feel free to come over anytime. We are only about 20 minutes from you. Easy drive. You will love it here! It is great! And there are so many roads to go on. We need to take you to the mountain road up by Gatlinburg that crosses into North Carolina. It is amazing!

Nel
Gint
I removed the "OT" form the thread title. This is definitely "on topic". bye1.gif
914rrr
QUOTE(Gint @ May 31 2009, 06:23 PM) *

I removed the "OT" form the thread title. This is definitely "on topic". bye1.gif

Thanks Mike! beerchug.gif
blitZ
Any of the Atlanta crew up for a road trip?
blitZ
icon_bump.gif
hot_shoe914
Hmmm, where did everybody go? I was looking forward to this get together. WTF.gif
Gint
It's enough to say that the event is canceled due to lack of interest. The "Please delete" isn't really necessary.
johannes
We need to take you to the mountain road up by Gatlinburg that crosses into North Carolina. It is amazing!

I have french friends in Sevierville and we visited them a few years ago. We spent one week in this beautiful aeria ...

blitZ
Bummer, I was looking forward to this.
914rrr
I don't care if it is only 3 people with 914's. It will be fun to hang out and take a drive on some cool mountain roads! driving.gif

Rob took me out last weekend on a road that was amazing!

So let's all get together, tell your buddies, and let's do this! smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.