Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Got oil leaks in your 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
Study the pic... Your 914 will only leak oil once a month!
euro911
idea.gif

Not being disrespectful or nothing, but I think my wife's car might need one of them larger, more absorbent MAXI-PADS laugh.gif
orcadigital
Seriously, a NAPA Silver filter? I would hope for leaks, maybe some of the debris the filter isnt catching will leak out too... Its almost as bad as Fram...
computers4kids
OK...I must fess-up. biggrin.gif When I was a stuggling college student I had a 911 that had this anoying oil leak. Being a bit mechanically challenged and poor I came-up with a $5 solution that worked.

Sorry no pics, but...
I took a small flask about 6" long and 1" thick and installed a flip valve instead of the screw cap. I then put a dent on one of the flat sides with a hole in the middle. The flash was then mounted in under the car in just the right spot... happy11.gif Because my oil leak was real consistent where it dripped, the flash would collect the oil drippings and about once a month I just opened the valve and drained the flask. Worked pretty darn good-my 911 no longer left little stromberg.gif wherever I went. The flask was my little secret, and if someone did look under the car it looked like some type of performance gadget bolt-on...too funny. Now I'm an older fart, and I don't care what other people think. icon8.gif
KELTY360
What happens if a month goes by and it doesn't leak? confused24.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 24 2009, 09:42 AM) *

In that case you had better get your car to a mechanic and get her checked out. You might have a Boxter on the way!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ May 24 2009, 12:29 PM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 24 2009, 09:42 AM) *

In that case you had better get your car to a mechanic and get her checked out. You might have a Boxter on the way!

rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.