Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MUSR 10 - Hot Springs Arkansas.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
I need help with MUSR 10.

If you want to help I have a bunch of things you can do.

Tentative dates are September 17th through the 20th.

I need:

A Rally Master

A Tech Quiz Author

A Car Show Manager.

A Blind Autocross Manager.

Someone to source Vendors for Donations.

Someone to help pre-run tour routes (Prefer local to Arkansas).

Someone to design a logo.

Someone to design the T-shirts.

Multiple someones to help stuff goody bags.

We have a planning forum setup, and if you want to help, contact me for the password.

Please help make this event possible!!

Thanks!

ClayPerrine
Bump.....

icon_bump.gif
icon_bump.gif
icon_bump.gif
icon_bump.gif
dakotaewing
Did you get my PM?
hot_shoe914
Hey Clay, as soon as Ken gets me a couple more names I will start negotiating the hotels and see what I can get us. Also Ken and I have driven some of the roads on the way home from Talihena and plan on driving more of them. Now that you have actually posted the event I will start contacting vendors and see what kind of goodies their wonderfully generous hearts will provide us with. Main goal is a 2270 from Jake. That's right Jake, go ahead and start building it so you will have it ready in time.

Email me Clay and I will keep you posted on progress. Also do you want to start a vendors thank you thread or shall I?

Donald
pcar916
I can help too as soon as I find out when Porsche Palooza is this year, it's around the same time and the Ozark Region is a co-sponsor of that uber-event with Cimarron. It's not as formal as most PCA events and happens n Eureka Springs and thereabouts.

Certainly JT and myself will assist regardless (already talked a little). We know some of those roads! I'll transmit something concrete when I get back near my calendar tomorrow. It'll be good to fraternize with the serious 914 crowd again... and maybe Thom will finish that car!!!

Hope all Memorial Day weekends are safe and sound.

~Ron

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(pcar916 @ May 24 2009, 04:08 PM) *

I can help too as soon as I find out when Porsche Palooza is this year, it's around the same time and the Ozark Region is a co-sponsor of that uber-event with Cimarron. It's not as formal as most PCA events and happens n Eureka Springs and thereabouts.

Certainly JT and myself will assist regardless (already talked a little). We know some of those roads! I'll transmit something concrete when I get back near my calendar tomorrow. It'll be good to fraternize with the serious 914 crowd again... and maybe Thom will finish that car!!!

Hope all Memorial Day weekends are safe and sound.

~Ron

Hey Ron, was good meeting you last week. Generally the Porsche Palooza is the first or 2nd weekend in November. I haven't checked to see which it is this year.

Ken and I drove some of the roads JT suggested to me when you called him last week. Maybe you, Jt, Ken and myself can go and test a few more of them.

Donald
pcar916
icon_bump.gif
pcar916
Yep, driving is in the cards.

I'll transmit in a couple of weeks (about a drive) after Penelope's new transmission is done and tested. We can plan a pre-run or two then!

Thanks
~Ron
hot_shoe914
Hey Clay, I have proposals for 3 hotels in Hot Springs. Contact me and I will send the info over to you.

Donald
bandjoey
What's MUSR? Seriously. biggrin.gif

Like to go..probably can if I'm still 1/2 employeed. If new full time comes around ... possibly not. So it's a daily thing. Be glad to help on this end wheather I go or not. Vendor donations - Bag stuffing - Logo let me know. Bill
pcar916
icon_bump.gif
jt914-6
[quote name='bandjoey' date='May 27 2009, 10:59 PM' post='1173764']

Mid United States Ramble........... aktion035.gif
tommy914
Porsche Palooza dates are showing November 13th, 14th, 15th, 2009 on the website:
http://www.pca-palooza.com/

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(bandjoey @ May 27 2009, 10:59 PM) *

Like to go..probably can if I'm still 1/2 employeed. If new full time comes around ... possibly not. So it's a daily thing. Be glad to help on this end wheather I go or not. Vendor donations - Bag stuffing - Logo let me know. Bill

MUSR is the Mid US Ramble. A get together of 914 owners. We normally have a car show, a couple of tours, a couple of tech sessions, a tech quiz, a rally, and an autocross. The event moves around. Last year we held it in tandem with the Rocket City Ramble in Huntsville. We are coming back to our roots in Arkansas for the next one.

QUOTE(tommy914 @ May 28 2009, 06:57 PM) *

Porsche Palooza dates are showing November 13th, 14th, 15th, 2009 on the website:

We are tentatively looking at the weekend after that.

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 28 2009, 07:13 PM) *

MUSR is the Mid US Ramble. A get together of 914 owners. We normally have a car show, a couple of tours, a couple of tech sessions, a tech quiz, a rally, and an autocross. The event moves around. Last year we held it in tandem with the Rocket City Ramble in Huntsville. We are coming back to our roots in Arkansas for the next one.

I thought we were looking at a date in September? confused24.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ May 28 2009, 10:08 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 28 2009, 07:13 PM) *

I thought we were looking at a date in September? confused24.gif

Your right. I didn't look at the month, just the days.

September is it.
tommy914
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ May 24 2009, 12:30 PM) *

Thom Ewing
Mortgage Banker Extraordinaire
74 DZ302 SBC GT Conversion in Progress
Current Status : Flares and body work complete, interior, engine, all glass out, repairing front A/C hole and floorboards, paint booth awaits. SBC 302, TRW 12.5CR Forged pistons, SBC 441 2.02/1.6 Open chamber heads. 7x17 and 9x17 cups.

Thom,
By the time you finish your car, they will have outlawed internal combustion engines. av-943.gif
dakotaewing
QUOTE(tommy914 @ May 29 2009, 12:49 AM) *

QUOTE(dakotaewing @ May 24 2009, 12:30 PM) *

Thom Ewing
Mortgage Banker Extraordinaire
74 DZ302 SBC GT Conversion in Progress
Current Status : Flares and body work complete, interior, engine, all glass out, repairing front A/C hole and floorboards, paint booth awaits. SBC 302, TRW 12.5CR Forged pistons, SBC 441 2.02/1.6 Open chamber heads. 7x17 and 9x17 cups.

Thom,
By the time you finish your car, they will have outlawed internal combustion engines. av-943.gif

owned.gif
ClayPerrine
Actually, I saw Thom's car on a trailer the other day.....

IPB Image

Nice looking 914 Thom...... poke.gif
hot_shoe914
I see you lurking on the thread Ron. I will be in Little Rock tomorrow. Maybe we can run a few roads.

Donald
dakotaewing
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 29 2009, 01:21 PM) *

Actually, I saw Thom's car on a trailer the other day.....

IPB Image

Nice looking 914 Thom...... poke.gif

Clay.... slap.gif
jt914-6
Anyone contacting Ed/Jan Mayo, or Rich Johnson? Would like to see them both there. Maybe we can get Dave Darling to come back too??
tat2dphreak
Wes has my teener right now, getting it back on the road... with any luck, I'll be able to go this year. lmk if I can help with anything, Clay
jt914-6
Hope you can make it Wayne.......
IronHillRestorations
Hey Wayne, bring that gal in your avatar with ya!
pcar916
Yeah...
tat2dphreak
if I had the girl in that avatar, I'd never get to see you guys...

google Shay Lauren
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jun 3 2009, 10:15 PM) *

if I had the girl in that avatar, I'd never get to see you guys...

google Shay Lauren

Yea, because you would be broke, have no 914 and have no pecker.

Broke and no 914 because your wife would get everything in the divorce, and no pecker because what she would give you would rot it off.

poke.gif
tat2dphreak
don't be hatin' biggrin.gif

if it wasn't for the pecker thing, it might be worth it...
tat2dphreak
while we're at it... leave thom alone... I have seen his car... even took a picture of it in the garage...

the picture is a little blurry tho...
Shameless icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif

Lot's of.....
drunk.gif
poke.gif
KMA.gif

KP
driving.gif AGAIN............... w00t.gif
dakotaewing
At least I know I'm loved.... sheeplove.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Clay:

I am going to try real hard to make it, 835 miles 1 way. I have a few things to do to it before I can commit. Any info on the hotel /motel yet.
Tell Betty i hope she can bring her V.W. driving-girl.gif you know the nice looking one.
If any one from the Mid West is thinking of attending let me know!

Dave slap.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Jun 6 2009, 09:13 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

Clay:

I am going to try real hard to make it, 835 miles 1 way. I have a few things to do to it before I can commit. Any info on the hotel /motel yet.
Tell Betty i hope she can bring her V.W. driving-girl.gif you know the nice looking one.
If any one from the Mid West is thinking of attending let me know!

Dave slap.gif

hot_shoe914
Is this thing still happening? What's the latest Clay? WTF.gif
dakotaewing
Clay -
I have a good contact for T-shirt design -
He does it for a living, every day, and is good -
Problem is he is not free...
If you want to discuss, LMK -

TE
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif

**Should have final details SOON**

KP
tat2dphreak
if there's anything I can help with, LMK. I have a little time for it now... and would love to help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.