Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 WCR award trophies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
Hi everyone,

Thanks to all the WCR sponsors and thanks for picking my car as "Best in Show" - wow! Quite an honor given the great cars that were there. I was rooting for the Olympic Blue WRX powered car - very nice. (sorry, I missed the owner's name).

And for those that missed it - the trophies were great!!! After a little body mount trim and JB weld (what 914 doesn't have JB Weld?!?!), the body is mounted:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

(Lily's about 4 months, 1.9 days old today).

And I just posted some photos from the whole weekend here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1172491

-Steve

carreraguy
QUOTE(siverson @ May 24 2009, 02:22 PM) *

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all the WCR sponsors and thanks for picking my car as "Best in Show" - wow! Quite an honor given the great cars that were there. I was rooting for the Olympic Blue WRX powered car - very nice. (sorry, I missed the owner's name).

-Steve

Hi Steve!
Congrats! The Oly Blue is mine but yours is much nicer!
Later,
Tom
Mrs. K
I got an award for being the *birthday fairy* biggrin.gif

Very sweet of you guys and gals wub.gif

Click to view attachment

Lisa
mrs.K.gif

ahdoman
Best Interior - thanks everyone for the voting. I was hoping it wasn't too outside the curve of "normal". Oh wait, I'm a 914 owner, what was I thinking! headbang.gif

Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(ahdoman @ May 25 2009, 12:30 PM) *

Best Interior - thanks everyone for the voting. I was hoping it wasn't too outside the curve of "normal". Oh wait, I'm a 914 owner, what was I thinking! headbang.gif

Click to view attachment

I loved your interior and it got my vote. pray.gif It reminded me of my Uncle Petes' 1954 Cadillac.
roadster fan
I got an award for 'Best Survivor' which I think translates into best 'under restored' car since it has a worn 80's velour interior, rattlecan paint, peeling sail vinyl, etc. It does have pedrini's (only car at the ramble that I saw) and most of its original bits.

Thanks to all that voted!

Jim

Here is a pic on the way home at the James Dean Memorial on Hwy 46:

Click to view attachment
Sleepin
QUOTE(ahdoman @ May 25 2009, 01:30 PM) *

Got my vote! Well deserved IMO!
ahdoman
QUOTE(roadster fan @ May 25 2009, 01:38 PM) *

I got an award for 'Best Survivor' which I think translates into best 'under restored' car since it has a worn 80's velour interior, rattlecan paint, peeling sail vinyl, etc. It does have pedrini's (only car at the ramble that I saw) and most of its original bits.

Thanks to all that voted!

Jim

Here is a pic on the way home at the James Dean Memorial on Hwy 46:

Click to view attachment

Jim,
It was the velour interior that put you over the top! That triggered my vote!
computers4kids
Best of Paint...Thanks all, I had a great time and appreciate the votes! There were so many beautiful cars.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Thanks everyone! I received "Best Conversion" which is really an honor considering the caliber of the conversion cars this year! Wow!

I don't have a photo of the trophy presentation or the trophy for that matter. It wouldn't fit in my car so Joe graciously took charge and is shipping it to me.

Thanks to all the planners for this event. You all raised the bar pretty high for the next group.

Thanks to all the sponsors for giving so generously in this economy.

Considering this was the "The Offical Howard Dranow Memorial West Coast Ramble" I posted a photo taken by Howard at the 2004 event.

Some of you may recall this is his famous "Money Shot"
rick 918-S
Look what arrived today! My Tarrett Engineering Sponsored Trophy for Best conversion!

Click to view attachment

It was too big to carry home in the Alien so Joe graciously agreed to ship it to me. I also received several cool stickers from the event and a hat pin! Joe your the BEST! We luv you man!

I want to thank all the planners and sponsors again. You really set the bar high for the next group. I will always remember the fun, food and hospitality. For those who didn't get to attend, there was always someone looking out for you and always something to eat.

We specially want to thank John and Melba for the warm friendship. And Ed and Jen for putting up with my type AA personality. It was with your help we actually got to start our vacation and see some sights instead of 4 lane black top.
ejm
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 17 2009, 10:28 PM) *

It was with your help we actually got to start our vacation and see some sights instead of 4 lane black top.

Two lane blacktop is so much more fun driving.gif

6freak
?? On the trophy it has ....OPR`S what is the acronim mean
siverson
It's GPR - German Parts and Restoration:

http://www.gprparts.com/

-Steve
6freak
QUOTE(siverson @ Jul 20 2009, 12:51 PM) *

It's GPR - German Parts and Restoration:

http://www.gprparts.com/

-Steve

Its a G wow i thought it was an O ....i best look closer next time ...thank you smile.gif
markb
Glasses are a good thing, Mike biggrin.gif
6freak
QUOTE(markb @ Jul 20 2009, 03:38 PM) *

Glasses are a good thing, Mike biggrin.gif

Dont even go there Mark dry.gif they wont fit under my helment !! I fart when i take a pee know too lol-2.gif But i dont feel Old ..My mind says I`m 30 and my body says wow big fella..........lol.....Hope you injoyed the ride at Willows Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.