Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures from this weekends Auto X
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
So my car is finally back together and in action again. Felt good to have it back but it does need some dialing in still. It was a beautiful day out and here are some pictures I took of my codriver while he was on course. beerchug.gif
cwpeden
Any pics of the Canadian Contingent?

Wish I was there, but the romantic weekend (Porsche related) won out.

PS. That car doesnt look any faster. happy11.gif
PeeGreen 914
lol-2.gif

I didn't take any other pictures other than of my car. I was dealing with my car when it wasn't out. I had to replace the fuel pump after we were done with our runs and then getting it dialed in right. I still need to look for a good pump to deal with my setup dry.gif . Always more work to be done blink.gif

Carl's new car looked like it was fun. He was swearing after going for a ride in my car lol-2.gif . Matt's is one of the better drivers out there and he made a few gates that most wouldn't have. Carl just couldn't believe it. I wanted to take Ernie out but he was saying his wrist was hurting too much.
cwpeden
Its nice to get someone else in your car just to put things into perspective.

Cant wait/hear to see how Carl, Ernie and the gang did. Would like to have seen the Ariel really open up.

As it turns out I need to do some fuel system work. Stopped by the local parts place to quiz them on the hp-fuel line they sold me(remnants in hand). "Thats not hp fuel line. Thats vacuum line. No good for fuel.", was the reply.

That explains the random leaks. On new hose!

cwpeden
Looking at the registration for Sunday's event. How did it go?
pete-stevers
Where was the autoX held?
cwpeden
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ May 25 2009, 11:58 PM) *

Where was the autoX held?

Bremerton Motorsports Park. Memorial Day.

PCA on saturday
NW SCCA on Sunday
BSCC on Monday

A group of guys from Victoria usually go for the weekend.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(cwpeden @ May 25 2009, 11:41 PM) *

Looking at the registration for Sunday's event. How did it go?

It went well. My car has some serious issues to work out before it will be competitive. Fuel issues here too but more related to the accel pumps on the carb and the fuel pump. Brakes also lock up way to easy. Need to look into a 21mm master and see what that does.

On Saturday the Ariel Atom got the TTOD during the fun runs with one of the SCCA National Champions behind the wheel. Glen gave the owner a ride to show him what his car could do and the owner came back in all smiles.
6freak
[quote name='Phoenix

Brakes also lock up way to easy. Need to look into a 21mm master and see what that does.

21mm will make it lock up even easyer Jon ...go back too the stock Calipers and you will be fine your speeds dont require big brakes..Those brakes are just too big for what you are doing!its not a track car you dont need those.Sell the fancey ass calipers and make a house payment ...JMO ...Luv ya man but your not getting my new master cylinder
PlaysWithCars
Hey Jon, I think Mike is right, you need to ditch them fancy brakes. I'd be willing to sacrifice my speed on the track and take them off of your hands. biggrin.gif
pete-stevers
yup Jon ...i agree...but you need to send them to a specific needy Canadian
6freak
I forgot you have that new P valve did you try dail`n somemore rear brakes in.I think i would try that before putting a new mastercylinder in or changing anything..I did notice you where lock`n the left front only
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.