Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Memorial Day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
It's a day for more than a day off & picnics. Remember our Fallen Heroes. flag.gif

T.C.

Click to view attachment
SLITS
Amen!!! flag.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 25 2009, 10:13 AM) *

Amen!!! flag.gif

flag.gif
jsayre914
bye1.gif flag.gif
racerbvd
flag.gif Yes, please remember the real reason many have today day off. flag.gif

Click to view attachment
JoeSharp
flag.gif
Katmanken
Thanks Dad!
roadster fan
Amen. I had the opportunity to visit the American Cemetery at Normandy a few years ago. I will never be the same.

God Bless the Fallen and their families.

Jim

Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
For me, it was the Vietnam War Memorial Wall in Washington, DC. I had to put on sunglasses to try to hide the tears that were streaming down my face when I was there. We all give thanks.
rick 918-S
flag.gif
orange914
flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif
we can do what we do, BECAUSE
they did what they did

(past & present)

god blesss and thank you
bcheney
Amen to that TC. I visited the American Cemetery in Normandy about 12 years ago. I have been many places and have to say that was the most humbling and most BEAUTIFUL places I have ever been. They ARE resting in peace there. Thanks to all serving...current and past....
porschecb
agree.gif pray.gif agree.gif flag.gif
scottb
thanks grandpa, dad and bro......

and those are the ones i know personally. family fought in the revolutionary war and beyond......

flag.gif flag.gif
drewvw
What a great weekend for spending time with family and friends, and to honor those that have fought for our country. Happy Memorial Day. flag.gif
xperu
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 25 2009, 08:02 AM) *

It's a day for more than a day off & picnics. Remember our Fallen Heroes. flag.gif

T.C.

Click to view attachment

I spent a good part of my life in Lancaster California and graduated high School form there. As with most young people in high school in the 60’s we were happy, and enjoying life to the fullest unaware of what was to come upon us; riots in Los Angles; civil unrest and Viet Nam all of which changed most of us and some of us forever. I ask that you please read the names of my friends whom I grieve for, there names are on the wall, but the sound of there voice and the images of them are still vivid in my 60 year old mind. Not all of them volunteered, but they went just the same, lost to the ages but not in my heart and there families most of all.
** Tim Johnson
** Ken Frakes
** Rex Allen
** Keith Wolf
There are many more from the Antelope Valley that were lost. I solute and thank God for all of them. Mike
70Sixter
God Bless the contributors to this thread. It is one of the few I've seen that recognizes the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans' Day.

And God Bless the families and friends that still mourn their loss.

914rrr
My dad is buried in the National Cemetary in Indiana. When I visit, it is sad to see so many unknown soldier graves, and I try to remember the families that do not know where their loved ones were buried or what happened to them. It breaks my heart every time.
Cap'n Krusty
I urge every one of you to take the time to watch "Taking Chance", a 2009 film based on a true story, starring Kevin Bacon. It's in rotation on cable and satellite right now. It may make you uncomfortable, it may make you all teary eyed, but you need to see it.

The Cap'n
914rrr
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 26 2009, 04:40 PM) *

I urge every one of you to take the time to watch "Taking Chance", a 2009 film based on a true story, starring Kevin Bacon. It's in rotation on cable and satellite right now. It may make you uncomfortable, it may make you all teary eyed, but you need to see it.

The Cap'n

Here's the link to the trailer for the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtmiLdzzgGE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.