Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC: sawzall opinions wanted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krk
Folks,

I'm thinking it's time to pick up a sawzall type device. Mostly construction
type work. Could be needed on my 914 type car if it annoys me much more:)
If y'all have a favorite type, I'd like to hear about it. Off list type communication
is fine too.

tia,

kim.
Mueller
I've got a DeWalt which fit's in a nice case, AC powered, this has been used and abused for about 4 or 5 years, no problems.

I just picked up an 18V DC Sawsall, but have not put it to the test. Want me to test it on one them /6's of your's, LOL

Mueller
Gint
$60 Sears unit cut out a rear trunk floor and rear valance and complete panel. Still goin strong.
vortrex
I've got a milwaukee with the tool-less bit. that is a nice feature. this is what it did to my car.
krk
Alrighty then! Thx for the votes.

(npc: man, posting has sure gotten lively with all those wild animated gifs going off beside me as I type:-)

kim.
Bleyseng
Ok, here is my take on sawzalls
1. Milwaukee's- blade speed is too damn slow, parts are expensive
2. DeWalt- the one I bought lasted 4 months before the gears died
3. PorterCable- very nice and lasts
4. Makida- great blade speed and lasts 4-5 years on the job, my favorite
I have been in construction now 25 years so I go thru alot of sawzalls....I just cut up the 70 rustbucket with one.
Blades- Get Lennox Hackmaster!!! They outlast all the others, I cut up the car with 5 bi-metal 6" blades. That includes my son breaking 3 of 'em. Took 4 hrs.

Geoff
Joe Ricard
Milwaukee, Gets lots of abuse. I usually wear out then give it to my son he wears out then I take it back . Sheesh I am getting tired already. Don't know what I did all these years without my milwaukee sawz-all. It has fallen off the roof, ladder, work bench you name it it just keeps on cutting. smash.gif
r_towle
Porter Cable, no question hands down the most powerful sawsall out there...

I have owned makita, millwakee and PC, by far the best overall power.

Rich clap56.gif
Mueller
Do any of the sawsalls allow one to modify or limit the stroke?

For certain cuts this would be handy.
r_towle
porter cable does...
Brad Roberts
Damn Derek,

I could have used the steel dash.

Great thread. I always wondered what the best one was.

B
GWN7
I've had a Millwakee for about 5 yrs, works great. Variable speed. However we have their battery model on the rescue at work and the major complaint is that the batterys die too quick.

Buy quality blades. The off brands wear out far too fast.
chunger
I've been building a house for the last several months. .. Porter cable. . . I "A/B" tested it with the milwalkee and liked the porter cable better in all regards. Stout bugger. I've been beating the crap out of it.

-'Chung
krk
Just wanted to thank y'all for the btdt.

I picked up my porter-cable tigerclaw yesterday. Decided to pop the extra for the swivel headed one. Been using it all morning and I love it. The swivel turns out to be very handy, and it's cut through everything nicely.

Thanks again.

kim. ar15.gif
tracks914
QUOTE(vortrex @ Jan 9 2003, 11:21 AM)
I've got a milwaukee with the tool-less bit. that is a nice feature. this is what it did to my car.

Hey I need one of those parts in the back of the truck!!! blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.