Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tie down points for a Dyno Run?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kyhunting
Where do you tie down the car for a dyno pull?

Thanks

Daivd
IronHillRestorations
Front and rear trailing arms.
Downunderman
Through the doors one side to the other behind the seats.
TimT
Through the doors one side to the other behind the seats.

LOL thats some funny schiess....

The Pelican boyz once gave me a good and solid dressing down for tying a a car down with a strap through the door openings..

In their "Porsche only dynoX" views...cars can only be secured to a dyno one way dry.gif

We have lots of different makes and model cars come through the shop for dyno tuning..

Formula Atlantic rolling on our dyno

Click to view attachment

This car was secured from the front....if you look closely at the front wheel you can see a spring loaded wheel chock we use in addition to the straps..

We secure our 935 through the doors... and with chocks on the front wheels...

I have more picture of cars on our dyno.. I'll try and find some more and post them...

On one particular thread over that other Porsche site they were telling me that they would never use our dyno since they found out our dastardly way of securing the car

Whatever..
charliew
At least you are compressing the springs to give the tires some traction that way but it might be a little rough on the paint if it's not protected.
TimT
At least you are compressing the springs to give the tires some traction that way but it might be a little rough on the paint if it's not protected.

Ummm we use pieces pf neoprene sheet and cotton towels wherever the straps bear on the body..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.