Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: eBay 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
Sorry if this is a member here, BUT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...A1%7C240%3A1318

This seller is selling the Rear half of a car without an engine. He (she?) is showing pictures from 2000 before the car was cut in half and it was a POS then. This car(?) has no redeeming parts or use.

It is also amazing to me that this seller had Paul Weir build him a $14,000 engine that he was going to try to put in this car

But yet the bidding is just shy of $4,000. Obviously someone is just buying a VIN#

T.C.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I am very surprised that the guy is showing the car before he cut it. One would think that to be straightforward that he would show exactly what he is selling.
I would however state that I think that the parts are well worth 3950 as six parts are getting very very hard to find and some rebuilder could actually rebuild another bodyshell with what this guy has and reapply for a new title through his or her state (or country) and save a piece of 914-6 history.
I had spoken to this guy previously and he has the parts scattered between to mini storage facilities in two different states and really does not know everything that he has and really what goes in the parts bundle, some of the parts still on the rebuilt 911 engine (like the sheetmetal and oil cooler)
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 26 2009, 01:13 PM) *

This seller is selling the Rear half of a car without an engine. He (she?) is showing pictures from 2000 before the car was cut in half and it was a POS then. This car(?) has no redeeming parts or use.

It is also amazing to me that this seller had Paul Weir build him a $14,000 engine that he was going to try to put in this car

But yet the bidding is just shy of $4,000. Obviously someone is just buying a VIN#

T.C.

SLITS

T.C.

Reminds me of another that showed up on the 'Bay a while ago. Just another questionable sale.
ericread
At least it's "rust free"... I wonder if this is one of those cars that has been sitting for a while, but started right up last time the owner tried? lol-2.gif

Eric
SteveL
What happenned to the front half??
Isn't the inner front wheelwell VIN stamped?
Looking at the picure of the whole car, the front isn't smashed in, and I doubt the car was driven and smashed after the picture. So why was it cut in half?
Same VIN, 2 sales?? Just wondering!
736conver
I am very surprised that the guy is showing the car before he cut it. One would think that to be straightforward that he would show exactly what he is selling.

stirthepot.gif
carr914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 26 2009, 04:28 PM) *

I would however state that I think that the parts are well worth 3950 as six parts are getting very very hard to find and some rebuilder could actually rebuild another bodyshell with what this guy has and reapply for a new title through his or her state (or country) and save a piece of 914-6 history.

What parts?
Steering wheel (if it is the correct one) a couple hundred bucks
4 steel wheels and a spare
2 targa top
rusted out doors, mice eaten interior
front bumper & valance (probably rusty & crap bumper top)
engine tin & cooler are on another motor

No Motor, No exhaust, no mention of the oil tank, of the rear bumper & valance. He says he has the suspension, but I guarantee he doesn't have all of it. Are the brakes the correct ones?, Are the stub axles there? No way to tell since this Nimrod knows nothing about these cars (proven by him cutting it in half).

Like I said someone is buying a VIN# and by putting that on a 914 shell is, well, uh, a Crime

T.C.
carr914
Historians - Put VIN # 9141430205 on your lists.

I bet we see it again someday, maybe on 2 different cars

T.C.
ellisor3
That really sux, I have been looking for one cut the other way screwy.gif
type47
hmm, Derwood MD... within 15 miles of me, I wonder who it is...
ConeDodger
Not such a subtle difference between rust free, and free rust! lol-2.gif
jcambo7
Crazy... huh.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(type47 @ May 26 2009, 09:22 PM) *

hmm, Derwood MD... within 15 miles of me, I wonder who it is...

You're 15 miles from Derwood? Really?

I'd bet it takes you the better part of an hour to drive it. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.