Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The car is finely comming togeather
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
After spending most of the holiday weekend putting the Prelude back togeather I came to the point where I couldn't assemble anything else because I needed new rubber for the glass.

Click to view attachment

Since the Honda parts shop wasn't open on Monday, I had no choice but to start on the 914. I didn't get very far, but one headlight is in (well almost). Its a step in the right direction. I should be planning my first drive soon.
Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
Planning your first drive?? You're not actually going to drive the car out in the open are you? av-943.gif Outside where it might get chipped and/or scratched??
orange914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 26 2009, 03:05 PM) *

I didn't get very far, but one headlight is in (well almost). Its a step in the right direction. Click to view attachment

nice eyebrow/light cover to body alignment. thats a normally missed detail on these. i can smell the rubber burning already driving.gif
PanelBilly
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 26 2009, 04:23 PM) *

Planning your first drive?? You're not actually going to drive the car out in the open are you? av-943.gif Outside where it might get chipped and/or scratched??

There's got to be a big empty warehouse around here that I can drive in and not allow the ultraviolet rays touch the paint
davesprinkle
QUOTE(orange914 @ May 26 2009, 06:12 PM) *

nice eyebrow/light cover to body alignment. thats a normally missed detail on these.

Holy crap what a pain those little rubber bushings are. It took me the better part of 2 hours to get my eyebrows in. Jeez. I've still got the blisters.

Looks nice, Billy. But maybe you should put some color over that primer before you assemble it though?
hide.gif
Lou W
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 26 2009, 04:05 PM) *

I should be planning my first drive soon.
Click to view attachment

And, what's your target date? biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 26 2009, 06:54 PM) *

There's got to be a big empty warehouse around here that I can drive in and not allow the ultraviolet rays touch the paint

They got some HUUUUGE buildings at Boeing field.
jcambo7
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 27 2009, 12:33 AM) *

They got some HUUUUGE buildings at Boeing field.

Yeah, good luck getting into one...
westdesert
QUOTE(orange914 @ May 26 2009, 05:12 PM) *

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 26 2009, 03:05 PM) *

I didn't get very far, but one headlight is in (well almost). Its a step in the right direction. Click to view attachment

nice eyebrow/light cover to body alignment. thats a normally missed detail on these. i can smell the rubber burning already driving.gif

Looks great smilie_pokal.gif what color is that?
kelly
KELTY360

Go for the parking garage at SeaTac. Those spiral ramps would be way cool at WOT!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.