Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I don't quite know what to say
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
What do you think? barf.gif or pray.gif or stromberg.gif ???
messix
1985 at it's best!
jcambo7
IMHO barf.gif
westdesert
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 26 2009, 11:08 PM) *

kind of has an el camino feel.
DBCooper
It makes me wonder at what point in a car's downward spiral do you actually update the VIN database to show it as "dead".

But it's really a question of taste. I never liked Kiss or Cher and they were hugely popular, so my taste is suspect.
zymurgist
Chalon front ends and decorative spoilers aren't my thing, but other than that, I like it.
914Sixer
Is that one of the art car? Just plain Fugly!!
VaccaRabite
I think its kinda cool in a "Miami Vice" kinda way. Very 80s, and would look at home somewhere near the ocean.

In the right context, it would work and be cool. In the wrong context (like Idaho or Minnesota), it would not work and be tacky.

Zach
KELTY360
I've seen worse. Does it come with chopstix?

I did like the continuation of the side graphic on the rear panel. But, what's up with the rockers?
charliew
It must be a waterpumper because the side skirts are down to the ground and the front spoiler is also very low, no air cooled motor chance there or not in the up from the bottom sense that is. A little too flashy for me but overall it looks as fast and sleek as a 914 can be.
maf914
IMHO, custom graphics rarely work on a street car. This is a case in point.

I remember in the 80's a couple who were friends had their 280Z repainted (her brother was an auto painter) and added some cutom side stripes. It was really well done quality wise, but it just detracted from the car. Plus it really dates the car, as trends come and go. Keep it simple and clean.
computers4kids
QUOTE(charliew @ May 27 2009, 07:27 AM) *

It must be a waterpumper because the side skirts are down to the ground...

Nope, it's a type four...look at the oil stains in the driveway stromberg.gif
URY914
Love that Ansa 4 outlet muffler.
Sleepin
I would pimp it with my parachute pants! That's rad!!!!

laugh.gif
underthetire
Wow, Miami Vice !
balljoint
QUOTE(Sleepin @ May 27 2009, 10:11 AM) *

I would pimp it with my parachute pants! That's rad!!!!
laugh.gif

Like anyone is going to believe that you own pants. biggrin.gif

It's like this. Some of my best friends are odd looking 914s, but this one I do not care for.
6freak
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 27 2009, 12:08 AM) *

I like the smoked glass and thats about all
type47
Always my opinion:

"Beauty is in the eye of the keyholder"

One person's pride and joy is another person's stromberg.gif etc, etc.......
dkjens
Electrifying! One heart beat away from death he he.
sww914
Hold on- I gotta get to the bathroom quick!
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(type47 @ May 27 2009, 10:24 AM) *

Always my opinion:

"Beauty is in the eye of the keyholder"

One person's pride and joy is another person's stromberg.gif etc, etc.......

agree.gif I mean W-H-O really wants to be seen in a 3.6L powered 914 with factory GT flared fenders when you can roll around in a thumper 1.8L powered stocker?? driving.gif stirthepot.gif Weird. . .
IronHillRestorations
Looks like the circus is in town!
dw914er
its interesting, but very late 80's early 90's hot rod fan styling.

shows that clean and simple will last much longer than the current fad
Heeltoe914
When can I pick it up and how much. i got a friend in East LA that wonts to sport that.
His name is Mike Dodgens biggrin.gif
3d914
I think the paint scheme is very creative. The 914 has one of the hardest profiles I've seen when trying to incorporate stripes of any kind. You've got the sharp angle of the front edge of the roll pillar mixed with the curved back edge, and the reversed curves from the rear quarter - forward. The colors are a little to passive for my taste, but I like the concept. Hey, I thought WIERD was what owning a 914 is all about!
slow914
I like it a lot, hell it makes me wish I was going slant nose, really brings a tight profile from that angle. Not sure how the rocker extension extensions have not broken off but overall the car is clean, done, and baddass though rad is a more "period" descriptor for that car hahaha
PanelBilly
It doesn't offend me, but I would choose to own anything like it. How's the fit and finish? If it was done to a high standard then I'd admire it reguardless of the style.
Pat Garvey
Agree with Zach. Though you all know I'm a prude about these things, I think that 914 is cool, in a Miami Vice kinda way ( I loved that show & still play the music).

Not that I want to own it, but it brings to mind Jan Hammer, Tima Turner, Glen Frey..... Great music at the time. Still rocks.
koozy
I love it. Maybe it's just the photographer in me but I'd sport that thing with a smile and a set of aviators. Maybe it's a generational thing???? It's fitted with a 1.8, stock FI, and all that for $4000.
zymurgist
I don't get all the hate here. While I would concede that the paint design is somewhat dated, it looks well executed and it carries through well to the wheels. At the very least, it's a good 10/10 car.
EdwardBlume
Reminds me of the Cal Bugs which if done right, I always liked, but this one kind of has that Cal Tron (techno spacy) thing going on...
euro911
Only $4k?

I'd buy it ...

... loose the graphics and have the side panels paint matched ...
dw914er
QUOTE(zymurgist @ May 27 2009, 08:21 PM) *

I don't get all the hate here. While I would concede that the paint design is somewhat dated, it looks well executed and it carries through well to the wheels. At the very least, it's a good 10/10 car.

I think its really well done. It's cool, just follows a particular fad thats about 15 years gone.

914junkie
I just want to know whats going on with that crazy center mount roll bar? Why? WTF??? screwy.gif
Aaron Cox
That's twystd1's car.. it's fabulous LOL
westdesert
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 27 2009, 05:52 AM) *

I think its kinda cool in a "Miami Vice" kinda way. Very 80s, and would look at home somewhere near the ocean.

In the right context, it would work and be cool. In the wrong context (like Idaho or Minnesota), it would not work and be tacky.

Zach

lucky it is in a Utah context where it fits in with the mini vans and suburbans' aktion035.gif
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=&nid=...&ad=1318086
Wes V
It's not my taste;

However, when I see stuff like this I tend to ask myself if the individual executed his vision, or concept. well or not.

I think in this case it was.

Why would he want the loud graphics? I don't know, but they were done well.

Wes
IronHillRestorations
Twenty five years ago I would have loved it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.