Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing Smog Items
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
poorsche914
After nearly 20 years without a 914, I finally bought a daily driver driving.gif

It is a California spec '75 2.0 with original FI. I plan on pulling all the smog equipment as well as replacing the heat exchangers and muffler with SS exchangers and a Bursch exhaust. Just wondering if there is anything that will need to be plugged, rerouted, etc with these changes.

Thanks!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ May 29 2009, 08:11 AM) *

After nearly 20 years without a 914, I finally bought a daily driver driving.gif

It is a California spec '75 2.0 with original FI. I plan on pulling all the smog equipment as well as replacing the heat exchangers and muffler with SS exchangers and a Bursch exhaust. Just wondering if there is anything that will need to be plugged, rerouted, etc with these changes.

Thanks!

The air injection ports will have to be plugged. Some people just pinch off and braze the ports at the head. I have recently seen an ad in the back of Excellence or Pano for a threaded block off. I think they might be NPT but not sure of the size.

Truthfully though, biggest bang for the buck is to backdate that exhaust system.
poorsche914
thanks for the quick reply.

I think this weekend I will start by backdating the exhaust system as you suggested. The parts I have are from a '73 2.0.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 29 2009, 09:18 AM) *

Thanks!

The air injection ports will have to be plugged. Some people just pinch off and braze the ports at the head. I have recently seen an ad in the back of Excellence or Pano for a threaded block off. I think they might be NPT but not sure of the size.

Truthfully though, biggest bang for the buck is to backdate that exhaust system.

The AIS pipes are 10mm x 1.0. I can sell you ones, exchange, already blocked, or I can sell you proper caps. The Cap'n
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 29 2009, 08:43 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 29 2009, 09:18 AM) *

Thanks!

The AIS pipes are 10mm x 1.0. I can sell you ones, exchange, already blocked, or I can sell you proper caps. The Cap'n

There you go... I just did my own but now you have a source who supports the site. I suggest you support the member vendors.
hcdmueller
I changed my exhaust to SSI's and a Triad dual outlet. That was a HUGE improvement over stock. The engine ran smoother and cooler. It was the best money I spent before a 2056 kit from Jake.
poorsche914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 29 2009, 12:43 PM) *

PM sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.