Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Painting the headlight shrowds (inside part)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
The originals are an off white to yellow from age. I've got black ones on my parts car. They can't stay the way they are, just too old looking. I was thinking about making the blue to match the body. Anybody out there painted them to match the car.
'73-914kid
I didn't paint them the color of my car, butI did paint them a textured satin black. It looks very nice, and was made for plastic, so it should stay on the plastic well. Just my opinion on it, but I don't think it would look good body color. I like the way the white or black stands out from the rest of the car
Todd Enlund
I'd go with white on your car...
effutuo101
I like the idea of going with the body color.
Hey Todd! can you fab something up for us real quick?
Maybe going with the orange for the Gulf look on the headlight surrounds?
PanelBilly
I thought about the orange too, but didn't think it would look good.
tod914
White would look good. Maybe a good strong cleaner will get them white again, or rubbing compound on a buffer.
r_towle
I think you should assemble the car already and stop delaying...paint them later..STOP PAINTING things....

Rich
orange914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ May 29 2009, 01:02 PM) *

I like the idea of going with the body color.
Hey Todd! can you fab something up for us real quick?
Maybe going with the orange for the Gulf look on the headlight surrounds?

agree.gif some body colors wouldn't work but i think this light blue would. or white but not black, too clashy. is that a real word??

mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.