Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.5 engine and misc parts SOLD!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Bill D
All parts spoken for.

Thanks Travis, Stephen, Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 914 2.0 engine that was rebuilt to 2.5 liter using big bore pistons stroker crank and big valve heads. This is the motor that came in the car that I am converting to 1.9TD. It comes with new Dellorto 45 carbs. I have records for the work that was done. I want $1500 for the complete motor with carbs. It has less than 500 miles on it. Do not want to ship this stuff please.

Used 914 2.0 P&Cs crank and rods and complete fuel injection for $500

914 2.0 heater boxes and muffler in good usable condition for $150

Bill
--## 919 562--1951
OU8AVW
PM Sent
drooley.gif
914 Monster
2nd dibs on the engine biggrin.gif
Bill D

I'm sorry if I didn't describe the engine well in the original posting. I would like to not part it out.

Excuse me for the long description but I am trying to answer as many questions at once as possible.

I purchased a 73 914 2.0 from a retired gentleman in 2006 that had the 2.5 engine installed. In the late 80's the Previous Owner decided he wanted to build a performance engine for his up until then stock vehicle. It was not until 1997 that the engine was professionally assembled and installed after the PO was not able to get it done. The motor was run 2 times and it would not turn over. It sat in storage until I purchased the car.

I thought the motor was locked up but it turned out that the starter had a washer under it which caused the drive to be stuck on the top of the ring gear tooth. Put in another starter and it started right up. I only ran this car long enough to sort out the rest of the car from sitting and I doubt it has 500 miles on it since I've had it. The engine put out significantly more power than stock but not quite as strong as my 3.2 Carrera. transition was not great and normal driveability was so so. Part of the issues has to do with running the stock exhaust and running rich. There were no unusual noises in the lower end. I removed the engine to start my 1.9 Turbo diesel project which is now about 80% complete.

On the 2.5 engine I pulled one head and cylinder to see if everything looked OK. I'll have to check later but I think the breakdown is 44 by 38 valves, 105mm thick wall cylinders, G grind cam, stroker crank with rabbit rods. I would hope that whoever gets this would do whatever is necessary to make it bulletproof. I'm not familiar with building high performance Type 4 motors but I would assume external oil cooler, maybe shuffle pins in the case if it doesn't already have them, a decent exhaust system...
leebparts
Hi is engine still for sale?

Regards,Lee
OU8AVW
Bill,
I'm scared of that motor but I will take the heat exchangers and muffler if you still have them. Let me know a pypal and total shipped to 21403.

Thanks and good luck with the sale.
Mike
443-994-6460
Bill D
Here are some pics

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
hblanc
Hi Bill,

I am interested by your 2.5 engine, is it still available
Regards, Hervé
hblanc
Bill,
I have foregotten to tell you that, after payment and go ahead from your side my shipping agent will pick up the engine at the address you will give me, in crate if posssible and will take care of all transportation stuff.
Regards, Hervé
Bill D
All parts spoken for.

Thanks, Travis, Stephen, Mike

Now I can get back to work on my project.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.