Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 6 conversion parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BK911
Whatever I need for the 6 conversion except the motor itself. Hopefully somebody has all this stuff and decided to go another direction? Please email condition and prices to bk911 at hotmail.

Oil tank and lines
engine mount
engine tin
???

Thanks,
BK
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(BK911 @ Jun 1 2009, 12:34 PM) *

Whatever I need for the 6 conversion except the motor itself. Hopefully somebody has all this stuff and decided to go another direction? Please email condition and prices to bk911 at hotmail.

Oil tank and lines
engine mount
engine tin
???

Thanks,
BK

Brian welcome to the dark side biggrin.gif If you don't find the stuff you're looking for I recommend Rich Johnson. He makes many of the items you will need for a /6 conversion. Off the top of my head here's some of the items you will need based on my conversion.
1. engine mount- normally a firewall mount like Rich makes.
2.914/6 oil tank- don't be surprised this will run $700.00 - $900.00 including the oil filter mount and the filler neck.
3.Hoses for the oil tank to the engine. Can be OEM or aftermarket -12 + -16AN.
4.Headers or 914/6 heat exchangers.
5.muffler for above.
6.throttle linkage, the style will vary a little based on the intake system ( carbs,MFI,CIS ).
7.various electrical items for the conversion.

Now if you're going with an engine larger than a 2.4 then you'll need an adapter ring,special clutch and pressure plate. I got mine from Kennedy Engineering. And in my opinion for any six larger than a 2.2 I really believe the chassis needs stiffening like the GT kit and the Engman kit. I did both on mine and while I haven't driven it yet I can tell by jacking up the car the chassis is very stiff. Also when you get bigger than a 2.4 additional oil cooling might be needed. I'm doing a front mounted cooler for mine. Big bucks when you include all the -AN fittings and hose needed but worth it in the end. There are many more items but that's a quick hit. Good luck.
BK911
Yea man, I tried to do a nice four but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. So since I have an 'extra' 2.4, why not put it in the teener? biggrin.gif

I'm dropping the engine to fix the hell hole. Thanks to the engman templates this should go smoothly. Well see what engine ends up going back in.

Send or post some pics of your progress. I'm sure others will appreciate all the work you've done.
rfuerst911sc
Brian a 2.4 that's tweeked a little is a nice motor. I'm doing a 1978 big port 3.0 with 40mm Webers. I'm coming down the home stretch of a 2 1/2 year build that I hope to be done by end of year. She's painted now and parts going back on. I'm into her for big $$$ but this will probably be my last rebuild so who cares. biggrin.gif I've posted many pics of my progress but here she is a few weeks ago. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.