Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Oil Cooler and Adapater for 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Cire
Howdy all,

I am looking for a good oil cooler. I would love a kit with the filter adapter and lines. Maybe someone is upgrading? I am open to other types of adapters as well.

Thanks everyone.

Eric
adidas
Eric. I have the oil cooler. It appears to be new. I may have the filter adapter as well, I'll have to check. Thanks Bill (704)829-0976 email billywhitesides1@aol.com
Cire
QUOTE(Cire @ Jun 2 2009, 04:46 AM) *

Howdy all,

I am looking for a good oil cooler. I would love a kit with the filter adapter and lines. Maybe someone is upgrading? I am open to other types of adapters as well.

Thanks everyone.

Eric

Someone has to have something laying around. = ) Help a man without a job out. = )

Eric
orange914
QUOTE(Cire @ Jun 2 2009, 03:46 AM) *

Howdy all,

Thanks everyone.

Eric

i've got a one or two cooler setups that came off 90's cop car crown vic's. i was just looking at the filter sandwich plate (thermostatic) and thinking the filter gasket seemed the same size, if so all it would need is the adaptors threaded extension to go to the proper vw theads. anyone know if these are avalible?
bdstone914
QUOTE(orange914 @ Jun 5 2009, 09:50 PM) *

Howdy all,

Thanks everyone.

Eric

i've got a one or two cooler setups that came off 90's cop car crown vic's. i was just looking at the filter sandwich plate (thermostatic) and thinking the filter gasket seemed the same size, if so all it would need is the adaptors threaded extension to go to the proper vw theads. anyone know if these are avalible?

If it came of of a 4.6L V8 Ford it probably has 22mm thread. Type IV engines have 3/4-16 oil filter threads. Most other earlier Fords do have 3/4-16 thread. If you show me a picture of the adapter and threaded insert I may have one that will work. I can get adapters that may work with the cooler and lines you have.
Bruce
orange914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 5 2009, 10:38 PM) *

QUOTE(orange914 @ Jun 5 2009, 09:50 PM) *

Howdy all,

Thanks everyone.

Eric

If it came of of a 4.6L V8 Ford it probably has 22mm thread. Type IV engines have 3/4-16 oil filter threads. Most other earlier Fords do have 3/4-16 thread. If you show me a picture of the adapter and threaded insert I may have one that will work. I can get adapters that may work with the cooler and lines you have.
Bruce

i beleive they were 4.6's piratenanner.gif the only thing then would be to see if it fits in the case

eric, if it works out and i have another setup (i have a couple coolers for sure). just cover the shipping. i have to warn you though i'm slower than molases in winter! arizona summer is coming, i'll try to keep that in mind.

mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.