Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1975 Porsche 914 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Simon Tibbett
I JUST got it but am testing waters to see what I could get, as much as I love Porsche and want this car, I just moved out as well, and funds are going to quickly ad up. BUT maybe I will keep it.

Asking 2,100 cheap...previous owner was asking 3800.

Year: 1975
Make: Porsche
Model: 914
Engine: 2.0

Fuel injection was converted to carb by another owner (3 owners total)

The car is stock minus wheels and exhaust.

The chassis is pretty straight, no major rust, floor boards are nice, small rust under driver seat the boards look like they were repaired a while back, battery tray has a small amount but nothing major, everything works.

All the lights work, car is complete. Previous owner had the shift linkage worked on, new clutch, etc. I have receipts.

It runs, but rough. I am not sure what it needs, I am 100% new to these cars and motors and feel lost. It sputters at low RPM, and at high RPM kind of backfires or something. It smokes but it's not really out of the exhaust, small oil leak may be causing it (I don't drive it much because of that, scared of fire) and the breather hoses are all ghetto rigged right now by another owner. The carb is also too small for this motor I am told, for details just view my name and my threads will come up with the questions on what's wrong with it.

Here are a few photos, I will get detailed ones tomorrow, just make me an offer. Seriously. If I don't hear one I like I will keep fiddling with it.

IPB Image

IPB Image
Tom_T

welcome.png
Looks Nice!

Why not take it over to George Hussey at Auto Atlanta in Marietta, since you're so close. They're online for contact info., but they're across the street from the State Social Services office where my sister-in-law works.

They're well reputed nationally on 914s at AA, & in your neck of the woods. They can also give you an idea on value & potential buyers (maybe even do a consignment sale for you?), as well as working on them.

Good Luck & hope you can find a way to hang on to it - they're GREAT cars!! driving.gif
Simon Tibbett
Yeah it's a fun car, I love driving it, just don't want to get too deep and have financial issues lol.
Simon Tibbett
Post updated with price, make an offer.
Simon Tibbett
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Simon Tibbett
A few more:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
barada
Did you buy this car from the Suwanee area?
Simon Tibbett
QUOTE(barada @ Jun 4 2009, 04:55 PM) *

Did you buy this car from the Suwanee area?

Yes.
Simon Tibbett
MAKE AN OFFER PEOPLE!
Simon Tibbett
NEW PRICE: $2,750
Simon Tibbett
Nobody?
BIGKAT_83
I went and looked at the car yesterday. Really didn't have the time to figure out the engine problems. It runs rough sounds like its missing but makes no stange mechincal noises. It has a small rust hole in the hell hole that would be a easy fix and a couple of other spots of paint that is bubbling up from surface rust. Looks to me like it would be a good buy for the money he is asking.

Please buy it before I change my mind and buy it myself.

Bob
Simon Tibbett
Thanks for stopping by!
Simon Tibbett
Ok guys, I am getting very desperate here, I need to be able to get around and to work without having to borrow cars. New price: $2300...
Gint
Damn that's worth $2300 all day long!
Simon Tibbett
I'll take 2100...I really need it gone. sad.gif I have work, school soon, etc.
zymurgist
$2100 is really tempting, but Georgia is so far away...
BIGKAT_83
Sold

Are you at Home.................Bob
Simon Tibbett
SOLD, thanks Bob.
Gint
I love a happy ending! wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.