Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Seattle area guys...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pnambic
I have a friend (he's one of those 9eleben guys) looking for a shop to mix some paint for him to respray the bumpers on his Grand Prix White '94 Carrera 4. I don't know the paint code. He says last time he tried, the shop didn't get the paint quite right.

Any suggestions? huh.gif

Thanks in advance. smile.gif
rhodyguy
is he in seattle proper? are 911s paint coded like 914s? canyon auto body is about a mile and 1/2 from my house. they did a nice match on my silver. i got rattle cans with a bit leftover in a can for touch up.

kevin
Pnambic
He's in Bellevue.
The local Porsche dealership says the paint code should be "908". confused24.gif
F4i
It is hard to match paint from the code. Meaning if the car has seen the sun the paint colour has changed a bit. It's also better to buy a larger amount when matching paint. A drop of tint goes a longer way in a small (pint) batch. Just food for thought.
Bleyseng
Any Wessco paint shop will custom match the car color. You will have to drive the car to the shop laugh.gif

Geoff
boxstr
Paint and body shop supply distributor here in Portland Oregon, you take a part off of the car, gas lid on a 911 and the computer match the paint. Used them many times, they are the best.
CCLINRODDAPAINTS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.