Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Direction Soon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Hey Rusty/Clay,

I feel like I need to make a move on the Clarion before it ends up booked also. They said they were about half booked on Tues this week.

Is there a proceedure that needs to be followed? Who will actually hold the rooms?
I am quessing just 30 rooms at this point from what Rusty had said earlier in a PM.

Is this weekend even in stone yet?

Thanks in advance for replies....

KP

EDIT: Reserved Clarion Thur/Sat for Rooms and Hospitality Suite. Banquet Room on Sat night. Paperwork is being sent to sign.
Rusty
Ken,

What are the per room charges, if we book in advance? How many rooms do we need to guarantee payment for and how scaleable is that number?

In other words, can we guarantee that we'll fill 15 rooms and they will extend the rate until 1 August (or whenever) or they are filled? I think that promising that we're going to fill 30 rooms could be a huge mistake. McMark got stung for a huge hotel bill a couple of years ago.

What comes with the rooms? Internet? Breakfast for two? Are these options that we can do in a package deal?

Like I mentioned in our PM - there ought to be an expected "cap" for the weekend costs. For the RCR, we figured less than 500, including 3 hotel nights, registration and average costs for meals that weren't included.

QUOTE(Rusty @ Jun 4 2009, 06:59 PM) *

Ken,

What are the per room charges, if we book in advance? How many rooms do we need to guarantee payment for and how scaleable is that number?

In other words, can we guarantee that we'll fill 15 rooms and they will extend the rate until 1 August (or whenever) or they are filled? I think that promising that we're going to fill 30 rooms could be a huge mistake. McMark got stung for a huge hotel bill a couple of years ago.

What comes with the rooms? Internet? Breakfast for two? Are these options that we can do in a package deal?

Like I mentioned in our PM - there ought to be an expected "cap" for the weekend costs. For the RCR, we figured less than 500, including 3 hotel nights, registration and average costs for meals that weren't included.

Hey All,
Click to view attachment
We have a unsigned contract in hand for tenative dates. We have a 40 room block on the contract with rooms at 95+tax single or double. You could have a suite for 135 if anyone wanted that. Prolly to many rooms, looks like we would need 32 filled to satisfy contract.

The Hospitality Suite would be a suite room which looks comped. Banquet room for Sat night. I believe it is on top of hotel with a view. Not sure if I have posted their menu or not.Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment.

Due date is 5 days out so adjustments could be made I believe.

Good cheap breakfast almost directly accross street. Kind of like the place in Talihina.

Hotel Services and Amenities:
Boat Rental *
Braille Elevator(s)
Bus Parking
Cocktail Lounge *
Fishing
Government Travelers: FEMA Approved
Guest Use Copy Machine *
Guest Use Fax Machine *
Guest Laundry *
Interior Corridors
Iron & Ironing Board
Lake
Meeting Room *
Outdoor Parking
Pet-friendly Hotel *
Picnic Area
Playground
Rental Refrigerator *
Seasonal Outdoor Pool
Sun Deck
Truck Parking
Volleyball

Services/Amenities in All Rooms:
Cable/Satellite TV
Free Coffee
Free Hi Speed Internet
Free Wireless High Speed Internet Access
Hair Dryer
In-Room Air Conditioning
In-Room Coffee Maker
In-Room Safe *
Microwave
Nintendo Game System *
Pay-Per-View Movies *
Refrigerator
Room Service *

Services/Amenities in Some Rooms:
While booking, please select room types that display these amenities.
Handicap Rooms
In-Room Hot Tub
Non-Smoking Rooms Available

Above is cut from here.....http://www.hotspringsclarion.com/

When Clay gets settled back in we need to determine a better number of rooms to reserve before we finalize I would assume?

Have a good weekend
KP

I will be out of the loop Sun thru Tues. Not quite the Islands but Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail with Dad and Son. 72 holes in 3 days w00t.gif
pcar916
Lookin Good!
Hey All,

Is this event still going to happen?
Did we reserve the hotel yesterday?

Had not heard/seen any activity this week and was just wondering......

KP
914four
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Jun 12 2009, 07:07 AM) *

Hey All,

Is this event still going to happen?
Did we reserve the hotel yesterday?

Had not heard/seen any activity this week and was just wondering......

KP

I hope the MUSR 10 is still on. Are there any PMs being sent off line? I'm not familiar with the hotel or restaurants in the area but these sound like they might accommodate our needs well.
pcar916
I'm still here and I know JT is. We're planning to announce the pre-run schedule as soon as JT gets his car back and I haven't heard anything about a re-schedule.

What's up guys?

~Ron
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Jun 15 2009, 11:11 AM) *

I'm still here and I know JT is. We're planning to announce the pre-run schedule as soon as JT gets his car back and I haven't heard anything about a re-schedule.

What's up guys?

~Ron

Man am I ever ready for some Pre-Runs. Keep us posted Ron....

Don and I are planning on making it over when these happen.

Ken
pcar916
You'll know when that happens. The roads are callin'.

I have a new transaxle on my workbench that'll be ready soon. It's needs a shakedown anyway... Don't worry, I'll do that before our run.

Penelope's never left me on the side of the road in 15 years... except that time I ran out of gas. Ok, maybe twice. No gas guage!
ClayPerrine
Ok.. I am back.

If you haven't already, go with the recommendation for room numbers that LB said.

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 19 2009, 07:42 AM) *

Ok.. I am back.

If you haven't already, go with the recommendation for room numbers that LB said.

Will try get new contract with them for 20 rooms and keep hospitality/banquet. Will get back soon as I can. Hope they can still accomadate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.