Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Tangerine Dream gets Camber Boxes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
ChrisFoley
My race car is just about ready for painting and reassembly but I got this bug in my head that I needed to install camber boxes and go coil-over to increase the front spring rate. I'd been holding back because of possible interference with my custom fuel cell.
Besides, what better way to showcase one of our top level racing products, and my teammate's car is already way more sophisticated than mine. I can't have him beating me, after all he is a novice, lol.

All my doubts about fuel cell clearance were put to rest with a few measurements.
They do interfere, but not enough to be a real problem.
So we proceeded today, and did a nearly complete installation.
Actually, Genaro did it pretty much solo, except for me making sure the exact positioning met my requirements.
The angle of the top surface needs to be very nearly perpendicular to the strut, within a degree or so, and I want the top of the strut to nearly hit the underside of the deck lid to get maximum available shock travel.
This angle is challenging to set up with the odd shape of the car in this area.

Here are a few pictures:
Randal
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 4 2009, 04:55 PM) *

My race car is just about ready for painting and reassembly but I got this bug in my head that I needed to install camber boxes and go coil-over to increase the front spring rate. I'd been holding back because of possible interference with my custom fuel cell.
Besides, what better way to showcase one of our top level racing products, and my teammate's car is already way more sophisticated than mine. I can't have him beating me, after all he is a novice, lol.

All my doubts about fuel cell clearance were put to rest with a few measurements.
They do interfere, but not enough to be a real problem.
So we proceeded today, and did a nearly complete installation.
Actually, Genaro did it pretty much solo, except for me making sure the exact positioning met my requirements.
The angle of the top surface needs to be very nearly perpendicular to the strut, within a degree or so, and I want the top of the strut to nearly hit the underside of the deck lid to get maximum available shock travel.
This angle is challenging to set up with the odd shape of the car in this area.

Here are a few pictures:

Very nice.
tomburdge
Been there,done that.....but it took me slightly more then a day,or two,or three.

Tom B.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.