Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm going to Disney World!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeffs9146
I am leaving tomorrow afternoon and arriving in Orlando at 11:00pm. I will be in town until Monday morning. I am looking for fun things to do besides Disney World or Epicot Center.

Tell me about the nice restaurants and the good clubs. I am not looking for Hooters locations, I will be with my girlfriend!! wink.gif lol

Jeff
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Mar 3 2004, 12:22 PM)
Tell me about the nice restaurants and the good clubs.

haven't been there in person (yet) but Emeril recently opened a tropical-theme restaurant in the area - darn, i cannot recall its name - it's got some kinda play-on-words spelling... anyway - it sounds fun...

how long you gonna be there ?
Jeffs9146
how long you gonna be there ?

Thursday night the 4th to Monday morning the 8th!

Thanks, if you remember the name let me know! I am looking to wine and dine my girlfriend smlove2.gif and any sugestions are welcome!!

Jeff
URY914
House of Blues
Race Rock Cafe'
Hard Rock
etc, etc, etc
need4speed
Malibu Grand Prix=FAST go-carts.

Also, Disney's sports complex offers Nascar driving lessons, but they're like, out-of-this-world pricey.

Wine-n-Dine suggestions:
There's a really nice restaurant in just about each and every Disney Resort. The Grand Floridian was one I went to that was nice. Disney will give you a brochure, and there is a range of dining options from "super classy" to "budget" at all the resorts.
blonde914
Go to the Treasure Island resort restaurant and ask for Kirk, tell him his Aunt Sherry loves him and misses him and I will see him April 1. My nephew lives with us and is going to college downtown to be a Chef, he is interning at that restaurant right now. Only order drinks, he is still learning. driving-girl.gif
Sherry
Jeffs9146
Only order drinks, he is still learning.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Jeff
Curvie Roadlover
I would think a visit to see the Ellzey Project would have to be on the itinerary. clap56.gif
Pnambic
Oh, and if you go to any of the resorts that are near the Magic Kingdom, you have to go through the toll gates to get to 'em, but if you tell them you're going to a resort to eat, they'll let you through without charging you. (Hey, $7 is $7!) Get reservations ahead of time and bring the confirmation number with you. The Resort security gate will want that info when you get there.
I haven't been to the Malibu Grand Prix in Orlando, but the one in Dallas certain rocked! driving.gif

Grand Floridian is gorgeous, but I haven't eaten in their nice restaurant. Polynesian has a Luow (sp?) that's kinda fun (fire dancers and all), but not exactly a classy wine & dine.
Rouser
Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney ... pretty-much a chick attraction. It rains and thunders periodically in there while you eat, and maybe a gorilla might swing by and pick up the check (yeah, righht).

There's stuff to look at/shop for while you wait for your name to be called out, than you can head over to the West Side where most of the partying occurs (i.e. Pleasure Island).
URY914
Bring plenty of money!

We love those tourist dollars laugh.gif

Paul
URY914
And do NOT miss buying some nice t-shirts for friends and family back home. 3 for $10 on US27, better known as T-shirt Row. wink.gif

Paul
aufaber
Haha, 90% of the suggestions are chains that they have in California too lol3.gif

Give the guy some chef owned local places.
Jeffs9146
90% of the suggestions are chains that they have in California too

I noticed that!!

Grand Floridian is gorgeous

This sounds nice and is closer to what I am looking for!! Fine dinning!

Jeff
Pnambic
Disney's webpage for the Grand Floridian. It has pictures, descriptions of menu specialties and ambiance and general pricing levels too. Call in advance(perhaps days in advance) to make sure you get a reservation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.