Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: March 27th 914 Breakfast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppickerell
I am pleased to announce that I will be hosting the March 27th 914 breakfast at my company in Pleasanton smilie_pokal.gif .
Address:
Peridot Corporation
1072 Serpentine Lane Suite E
Pleasanton, CA. 94566
Date:
Saturday March 27th
Time:
9:14 a.m.!
I will provide refreshments chowtime.gif (Donuts, Bagels, coffee, juice beer3.gif ) at no charge. I will take any one that is interested on a tour of our modern CNC machine shop sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif .

Now for the good part, attack of the twisties MDB2.gif MDB2.gif . I propose that all who wish participate in a drive over Mines Road. This road starts at the base of the road to Del Valle in Livermore and comes out at Mount Hamilton in San Jose. This road is little travelled except by crazed ninja biker fools ar15.gif and is EPIC aktion035.gif . Those who live in the San Joaquin valley can take a side road half way up that comes out on HWY 5 near Patterson if they wish driving.gif . Those from the south bay will probably drive through and come out in east San Jose driving.gif . Those from east bay and north might just drive most the way up Mines and turn around driving.gif . This is a LONG drive (2-3 hrs at least) and there are NO SERVICES at all other than a tiny grocery store with a toothless kid playing banjo on the front porch.
More details will follow if there is interest. A head count will help with food prep.
Thanks,
Patrick
What thinks ye?
Jeffs9146
This is a LONG drive (2-3 hrs at least) and there are NO SERVICES at all other than a tiny grocery store with a toothless kid playing banjo on the front porch.

And no cellular service either!!! It is a great drive though!!!

Jeff
ppickerell
If Mines Road is deemed too long for most, I have several alternatives:
Mt. Diablo run
Calaveras road coming out in Milpitas
Morgan Territory road (where you can still see a couple of 914's in a field rotting)
Patrick
Tony
Hey

Have check to see if the road is clean of rocks and other junk. I have driven on mines in the rainy season and have seen it flooded with small streams crossing the road. But you are right about the crazy bike riders they travel in a pack and hog up the whole lane.
ppickerell
I will probably run it on Sunday. True it is no highway (theme from Deliverance in the background)!
madd_dogg_914
If I have my car back by then, you can definitely count me in. Sounds like a ton of fun! IT will give me chance to really test out the 3.0 driving.gif burnout.gif

-Chris, 914 LOVER!!!
madd_dogg_914
Hey Jeff, is this the drive that we took for Scott's birthday last year. If so it is an awWWWWwesome drive.

-Chris
Jeffs9146
Hey Jeff, is this the drive that we took for Scott's birthday last year. If so it is an awWWWWwesome drive.

Yes, part of it is the same drive! We ended up in San Jose and went over Mount Hamilton!

It rocks (literaly) rocks flying all over the place over Mount Hamilton. The drive on this side is better though!! My car wont be ready by then! I have a lot going on this month! If I owned a welder and a parts cleaner I could get it back on the road!! Oh well, some day!! headbang.gif

Jeff
madd_dogg_914
Oh yeah, this is a really nice drive. I will try and find the pictures from it, it was really purdy.

-Chris
madd_dogg_914
I found the pictures, and it is just as pretty as I remember. I will prolly go even if I don't have the teener back, it is a really nice drive, and lots of fun!

Here are the pictures from last year:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

It was a lot of fun. If you want to see the original post here it is: Nor Cal fun run
Jeffs9146
Yea I just found the old thread!!Nor Cal Fun Run

I miss my silver teen!! headbang.gif

Jeff

Edit: I didn't notice you had posted the thread!!
JeffBowlsby
Nail this post pleezz.... cool.gif

There may be a bunch of 911s joining us for the chase up to the top...
ppickerell
Jeff,
You can use my welding equipment in my Pleasanton shop if needed. I have mig, tig, arc, oxy/ace, spotwelding, laser welding and super glue.
Patrick
Jeffs9146
You can use my welding equipment in my Pleasanton

Thanks Patrick! I may take you up on that! The welding is a 2 minute job! Do you have a press? I need to press out the trailing arm bushings and eventualy press in Mullers Bearings when I get them.

Jeff
ppickerell
Press, yes. We did Fiid's bushings here. Can do.
Jeffs9146
Press, yes. We did Fiid's bushings here. Can do.

Cool........I have a new best friend!!! beerchug.gif w00t.gif

Jeff
ppickerell
Only if I can have a ride in your 6! beer.gif
SirAndy
count me in!

reminds me, i need to get the damm thing aligned ...
Andy
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(madd_dogg_914 @ Mar 3 2004, 01:39 PM)
IT will give me chance to really test out the 3.0
driving.gif burnout.gif

-Chris, 914 LOVER!!!

I'm sorry.... WHAT????

Chris, you're getting a 3.0 in your 914? cool man, is/was there a thread about that
somewhere here on the bbs?

IF Bill is running the route this coming Sunday, March 7th, ANYONE want to tag along
for that?
I think I would be up for that.

What time Bill?
olav
So, how many miles is the run?

My car has a maximum range of 200 miles.

I guess I'll buy a gas can and fill it up and put it in the back trunk so I can keep up.

cool.gif
ppickerell
See this link for rice rocket reviews of the radical ride. I believe mileage data is included there. I may have my son run behind in a chase vehicle with gas, tools and cyanide pills for anyone who drops a valve seat wacko.gif !

http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/LickObservatory.htm

Patrick Pickerell
Scott Carlberg
Bill,
what time would you be driving the Route this w/e? Sunday, right?
ppickerell
Scott,
If you are talking to me (Patrick) I will be running up the hill about 1:30 PM on Sunday. Wanna hook up?
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Mar 5 2004, 08:30 AM)
Scott,
If you are talking to me (Patrick) I will be running up the hill about 1:30 PM on Sunday. Wanna hook up?

Patrick,

I'M SORRY ABOUT DOING THAT!

I keep thinking about Bill Pickering(?) the road racer in the golden-gate region of
the pca, and I know that's not you, and yet I kept typing in B i l l.
hehehehehe

Hooking up on Sunday for the drive does indeed sound good.

Will you be leaving your house or your shop at 1.30pm on Sun, or
will you be at a certain location of the drive at that time?

Anyone else to join us?

>>> PATRICK >>> sorry again for the incorrect name-calling
headbang.gif headbang.gif
ppickerell
Bob, (Just kidding Scott!)
Where are you coming from? We can meet somewhere in Livermore. If you are somewhat familiar with Livermore, pick a place and I will meet you at 1:30. My cell is 925-209-3800.
Patrick
Scott Carlberg
Patrick,
I'll be coming over from Modesto.

Since you'll be leading and prolly know the area much better than I, pick a place
somewhere in Livermore and I'll be there.

Anyone else up for a drive on Sunday????? driving.gif
ppickerell
Scott,
Exit 580 at North Livermore ave. and turn right (north). I will be pulled over on the right shoulder. See you there at 1:30. Do you carry a cell? Any other takers for the pre-Mines run run?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.