Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shipping a car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porsche735
Has anyone shipped a car cross country? I am looking at a car from Delaware and need to ship it to California. Who is good and cheap? The car is a restoration project, so an extra scratch won't kill it if it saves a few hundred $$.

Chris
VegasRacer
Send a PM to boxstr. He has a deal with a shipping company.
Joe Ricard
I did a google search and found a site that queried several companies. Each one sent me an Email estimate. From Wa state to Mississippi varied from 850.00 to 1200.00 all open trailers.

Just couldn't see it for 3800 dollar car.
Hal Michael
DAS. Shipped my 911 with them from NC to CA for major work. Good people. Just make sure that YOU are very clear about delivery instructions if shipping to a 3rd party location.
736conver
Try carmoversusa.com
They shipped a 911 for me from NY to WI for $600.
Joe Bob
I shipped Blondie enclosed from CA to Texas for 1100. DAS uses independent contractors. The guy who picked it up had a two car enclosed trailer with an F350 Turbo Diesel....

With gas prices GOING to the MOON, it won't be getting cheaper....
porsche735
Thanks for the feedback. I am shipping close to a $3800 car (it's around $7500). It's a '73 911 RS wannabe in "project state".....

Chris
Malmz
I have used these guys west to east, I'm sure they also go east to west. Best price, never had a problem.

http://www.a1-auto.com/

You can get your quotes elsewhere and they will also beat it by $25.00.

sm
Porsche Rescue
Just used DAS, terminal (NJ) to terminal (OR) enclosed for $970. Car must be running. Seller took it to terminal from Connecticut and I picked it up about 20 miles from my house. Only took 5 days once it left NJ. It sat there for a week before it was picked up. It should be less money for open carrier. I have also used Intercity, door to door, but much more expensive.
tod914
I had major problems with DAS. Intercity I would highly recommend. Pricing won't be that much different. Horseless cairage has a good rep too.
Porsche Rescue
I agree that Intercity is superior. They specialize in collector cars, have their own trucks, etc. DAS is more of a broker. I disagree that cost is about the same. I paid DAS $970 New Jersey/Oregon. Intercity charged $1550 Pennsylvania to OR and $1750 Tennessee to OR.
larryp
$695 from Calif to CT.
Affordable Transport, ph 1-800-262-0008
tod914
Dependable charged me 950 Los Ang to NJ in 2000

Inter 1050 Ark to NJ - they said that would be the same for a Cali rate. That was 3 years ago.
EdwardBlume
I used DAS for my 993 from TX to CA and it worked out great. You can cut the cost down by having it dropped off and picking it up at a terminal. Oakland is the N Cal terminal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.