Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shakopee german car show
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
minnesota loon
Anybody going to this event next saturday? I hope to bring my 914 if its not raining. My wipers are not working. I will also bring my 944. Hope to meet mn. 914 owners.
Phoenix-MN
Hmmm......... Now that it is a bit closer to me I'll have to check it out. No 914 to show yet but a good reason to push the "go" pedal on the 911 driving.gif
lotus_65
i'll be in chaska in the morning, so i guess i'll troll by.

my car needs welding before i can drive it anymore though.
iamchappy
Paul what do you need welded.....
rick 918-S
After a trip to the east and west coast this year already wife say's she's had enough car stuff for awhile. dry.gif

I know Kelly will be at the Bug In on sunday. He entered his car.
lotus_65
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jun 6 2009, 06:59 PM) *

Paul what do you need welded.....

that trailing arm ear is toast, almost completely broken. gotta drop the exhaust and buzz the undercoating off, that'll be a pita.

it'll be a project, i'm trying to get a buddy who's unemployed to do the welding while i'm at work... it'll take a couple nights because i want to check the valves and run the a/f wire & mount the gauge in the console to try managing the carbs.

wacko.gif
iamchappy
If you need anything let me know....
iamchappy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 6 2009, 07:17 PM) *

After a trip to the east and west coast this year already wife say's she's had enough car stuff for awhile. dry.gif

Whats the Bug in? is that the Westside VW event.
I went to the German carfest last year without my car, any chance Kelly maybe there too...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jun 6 2009, 06:31 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 6 2009, 07:17 PM) *

Whats the Bug in? is that the Westside VW event.
I went to the German carfest last year without my car, any chance Kelly maybe there too...

I'm not sure about the German Car Fest. I really wanted to go.

Ya, Westside show is tomorrow. (Sunday) Kelly will be there with his car. My friend Jason is driving his 62 rag top down and his GF Amy is driving her yellow Thing down. She bought the Thing at the Westside show last year.

I wanted to drive the 66 down but Sandy requested my presents at the lake. We have a BBQ planned at the lake the end of August. Target date is the 21st. Everyone is invited. I'm remodeling the outhouse for the guests. screwy.gif

We have heavy equipment showing up next week for phase IV of the dirt work. This should bring us very near having a buildable lot.

Seriously, Everyone is invited August 21st. I'll let you know of the date changes but so far it's August 21st.
lotus_65
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jun 6 2009, 09:29 PM) *

If you need anything let me know....

Thanks Chappy! beerchug.gif
I've been the imposition-of-the-year already...
tdiddy
Anybody have the details on time and location for this? I think I'm going to try and swing by, though unfortunately not in the 914 as it decided to grow metal feet and park itself in the garage at my parent's house.
lotus_65
13 (SAT) 15th ANNUAL GERMAN CARFEST -
Veteran’s Park, Shakopee, MN
1801 E. Co. Rd. 101
Paul & Chris Bergquist 952.937.1822
Greg Thompson 651.735.1578
tdiddy
Thanks! Any idea on the time frame?
lotus_65
here's a better link...

http://www.nordstern.org/eventid.asp?EventID=584
tdiddy
Thanks...and that reminds me I really should get around to joining the PCA and Nordstern. I tend to forget that I can do that now.

Look forward to seeing everyone there!
lotus_65
do you have a black car?

iamchappy
I'm planning on going, see you there......

I haven't decide to register or not, i dont know if i want to commit to the entire time frame.
lotus_65
i just got things worked out... 115 mains on 3 cylinders, 125 on 1, oh and a huge piece of junk stuck in one main on the other side... i guess i CAN be both too rich and too lean!

dunkle

i'll be with 914 jalopy unregistered, and we won't stay long.
tdiddy
No, I've got a car that's about 3-4 shades of faded blue.

Chappy if you want I can stay and watch your car for the entire time and drive it back to your place at the end of the show! ;-) Ha! I wish... Look forward to seeing you guys.

And I'd like to thank MNDOT for closing all of the highways between my place and Shakopee. FYI, sounds like a stretch of 35W south of Minneapolis and a section of 94 east of Minneapolis are going to be closed over the weekend.
lotus_65
you'll be happier taking 694 all the way around or hit 169 down anyway.
Phoenix-MN
Anybody up for doing breakfast near Shakopee?
lotus_65
my daughter has soccer until 10 or i would.
rick 918-S
I can't make this event but lets try something late summer. September...?
iamchappy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 12 2009, 10:38 PM) *

I can't make this event but lets try something late summer. September...?

For real..........Rick is suffering from the 914 world club narp road trip event burnout..........

Rick, while the Aliens in dry dock, could you please twin turbo it.........

Paul, sorry I wont have anytime for breakfast, just coffee, on the way".....
iamchappy
Enjoyed being at the show today, weather was perfect. Kelly and i didnt do so well
with our 914's in regards to winning any type of awards but plenty of people were still very interested in our cars.

Peoples choice and favorite Porsche at the show awards went to a new red GT2. I didnt even notice it parked together with all the other GT2 and GT3's there, i guess
you need a trained eye to appreciate the differences.

Best of show went to a Mercedes 300SL vintage race car which i think won last year also.

I didnt take any pictures today but i think Kelly did...maybe he will add them to this thread.
db9146
What...no pics?
iamchappy
Kelly took some pictures maybe he will post them. i saw some here on another forum.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/midwest...y-shakopee.html
iamchappy
I found many pictures posted here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/scarsgo/GermanCarFest2009#
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.